help my wii keep auto shut down

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by weekee, Nov 3, 2007.

1. weekee
    OP

weekee Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2007
    United States
    after playing any games for a few minutes , it randomly shut down , from green light to red light , not prompting any disc read errors etc , im using a wii key 1.9g , anyone help ? thanks alot ...

2. kristijan08

kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    overheating perhaps? thats only thing i can think of..

3. weekee
    OP

weekee Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2007
    United States
    overheating.... uh oh .. any remedies ?

oh yea , i was playing raving rabbits for 5 mins and it went off

Next i tried bleach , not bad around 15 mins then it went off

Next i went back to raving rabbits , amazingly it played for 20 mins and went off again =.= , sheez

4. kristijan08

kristijan08 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    well firstly make sure wiiconnect 24 is off. thats just unnecessarily running heat from ya wii. secondly make sure the air vents at the back aren't blocked or against a wall. thirdly, just give it some time to cool down before you try again. thats about all you can do short of taking it apart and having a look at it. as i said though my diagnosis is just a guess, cause usually when comps/laptops overheat they shut off, and if you turn em on again too soon they will shut off within 5-10 minutes again.

5. weekee
    OP

weekee Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2007
    United States
    hm... alright , it's behind a wall tho , but it didnt have problems for the past few weeks. arghh. i left without touching it for a day and played and it happens to be again =(

6. MrKuenning

MrKuenning GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2007
    United States
    Alaska
    My buddy has an unmoded wii and he had to send it back for the same reason, aparently the fan stopped working.

I am wondering... Has anyone knoticed that the Wii gets hot even in (orange) standby mode. Is it suposed to do that?