Hardware [HELP] My 64 gb SD card doesn't get read by PC when I changed it's format by a tutorial.

ROMANREIGNS599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am scared that all my money would be wasted, is there any way I can get it to work again? I did something with it by minitool partition wizard with a tutorial in reddit.

Thanks!!:D:D:D

Last edited by ROMANREIGNS599,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ROMANREIGNS599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What brand SD card did you get, and where did you buy it from? Did you already use it and can't get back your data?

Try these steps for recovering data and checking for damaged or fake card:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/dead-3ds-sd-card-how-do-i-fix-it.506605/#post-8032562
No, no. My PC used to read it and I think it stopped getting showed up when I changed it format, most probably. It’s brand is sandisk, I bought it brand new from GameStop in Atlanta. I didn’t have any data because I was getting it prepared to start working on my new 2DS xl. I followed a tutorial by reddit using minitool partition wizard.

Last edited by ROMANREIGNS599,

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My PC used to read it and I think it stopped getting showed up
Maybe you simply removed all partitions?

Try formatting it in a camera, they're usually the simplest way to "factory reset" an SD (after Panasonic's SDFormatter with the "format size adjustment" option enabled)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It’s already formatted

Reformat it again. When it's up and running, run it through H2testw.

Select Delete All Partitions, Rebuild MBR, Create [File System: FAT32, Cluser Size: 32 KB], and Apply.

MiniTool.png

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

ROMANREIGNS599

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you not try to reformat it with a phone or other device? Saying its formatted already dont mean shit when you are having problems with your pc trying to read it.
While doing some step with minitool partition wizard, I formatted it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There's a distinction of Windows File Explorer refusing to acknowledge it versus MiniTool Partition Wizard being able to see it.

Here's where you run into trouble. If MiniTool can't find it, your card is for realsies dead.

Mini_Tool_2.png
I’ll check it later bro, thanks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So even if my pc doesn't show it with other drives, sd formatter would show it?

Check if your computer's SD card reader works using another, known good & working card.

If you're using a normal sized SD card, make sure the write protection slider switch is turned to off.

SD-Card-lock.jpg

For micro SD, a possible cause of read failure is that the full size adapter is going bad. Use a different adapter.

41het8sx2xL._SX385_.jpg

Lastly, attempt recovery using Recuva , MiniTool Partition Wizard , and SD Memory Card Formatter on another computer to triple check whether or not your card is in a state of comatose or true death.

Forget whether Windows File Explorer sees the card or not. Plug it in and test with those stated programs.

Ampersound

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are way of partition a drive (or sd card) that aren't compatible with your windows explorer. However the data on those cards still exists and usually you can see ALL working drives in Windows Disk Management. Just reformat your card as mentioned above with the panasonic formatter. If your card is working, you'll be able to use it via windows explorer again afterwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.