Hacking Help Moving NNID from sysNAND to emuNAND

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,313
  • Replies 5
D

Deleted User

OP
I apologize if this is in the wrong place or if this has already been clearly answered. Onto the dilemma:

I have the gist of this down pat. It's just that I don't know the finer details of it.

My setup is this: I have my main NNID (we'll call this A) on 9.2 sysNAND, and a secondary NNID (following suit, B) on 10.5 emuNAND. A has all of the stuff I care about, mainly paid content. I want to move A to my 10.5 emuNAND, along with all the purchases. I don't want to make any purchases on B. I just need to know if the following will work:

-format emuNAND, make emuNAND a copy of sysNAND
-format sysNAND without SD card in
-???
-profit?

alternatively, I could also do this:
-backup saves from sysNAND
-format emuNAND, make emuNAND a copy of sysNAND
-format both sysNAND AND emuNAND
-link NNID to emuNAND and re-download all content

I've read around that if doing the first set of steps, you'll have to call Nintendo to unlink your NNID or something claiming you've lost your 3DS or some junk. Other than that, I only have bits and pieces of what I should do. My question is will either work fine without having to call Nintendo? Futhermore, am I missing any other important steps/details, like things about a system transfer?

Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

OP
Alright, so I unwittingly just deleted all of my games and everything on sysNAND trying to find a way to boot into sysNAND with signature checks disabled. My thought here was to use a .cia save manager booted through Health and Safety, but that's gone down the drain, heh.

The first set of steps is now out of the question since it doesn't matter, however input on the second set would still be greatly appreciated.

D

Deleted User

OP
Easy, 1. make a sysnand buckup, 2. use tinyformat to format sysnand, 3. restore that sysnand backup you made to your emunand

Your sysnand will get a new folder id and your emunand will use your previous sysnand folder + NNID

So no need to format both, re-link to emuNAND, and such? And do I absolutely need to use tinyformat? Because at this point the games don't matter; I have to redownload them anyway.

ANTONIOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You don't need to format both, just restore a backup of your sysnand over your emunand so they are both the same (linked, they both use the same folder and NNID), then format your sysnand using tinyformat, it will reset your sysnand and make a new folder id for it so your nnid keeps linked to your original id folder that the emunand is using. It's the same console so you don't need to unlink and relink using the nintendo online service.

Last edited by ANTONIOPS,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
You don't need to format both, just restore a backup of your sysnand over your emunand so they are both the same (linked, they both use the same folder), then format your sysnat using tinyformat, it will reset your sysnand and make a new folder id for it so your nnid keeps linked to your original id folder that the emunand is using. It's the same console so you don't need to unlink and relink using the nintendo online service.

Thank you; that sets my mind at ease. Now I just need to work on getting everything back to where it should be...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.