Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
So I reformatted my laptop on Saturday because it ran like poopy shit, so it was all good until today when I wanted to install Service Pack 2 in order to install iTunes. So I installed it and then it asked me to restart the computer so I did. Now all it does is load up the Dell screen, and then after that it goes to the Windows XP load up screen and it goes black. At this point you think its going to go to the Welcome screen, WRONG! It Comes up with a blue screen really quick that has some text on it (too quick to read) and then go black and starts back up at the Dell screen and repeats all over again.

It won't stop! Can anyone help me, if its better I can take a video of it to show it better. I hope I don't have to reformat it again I started downloading a bunch of shit because the computer was finally fast.

I am also not sure if this has anything to do with it but I installed Windows XP using a pirated copy, it wasn't illegal though because we have the disk but we just can't find it at all, so I downloaded one. I activated it and it was all good until it installed it. Does MicroSoft know that I used a downloaded copy and purposely did it? I don't know, I think I am thinking too much into XD.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
My friend had that on his laptop. I put his HDD in a caddy and his entire C/ drive was corrupted, had to put the HDD back in the laptop and reformat.

So you probably have some sort of corruption or other error in your windows installation.

So all I can suggest is try a reinstall.

Also you said after the original installation it ran badly, did you install all the drivers? Chipset, graphics etc.

edit: no you have at least 30 days to run the genuine advantage crap and activate XP.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
p1ngpong said:
My friend had that on his laptop. I put his HDD in a caddy and his entire C/ drive was corrupted, had to put the HDD back in the laptop and reformat.

So you probably have some sort of corruption or other error in your windows installation.

So all I can suggest is try a reinstall.

Also you said after the original installation it ran badly, did you install all the drivers? Chipset, graphics etc.

edit: no you have at least 30 days to run the genuine advantage crap and activate XP.
No I have to say I did not install every driver because the problem is is that I got this laptop from my sister, who got it from her boyfriend, who got it from his mom, who got it from her job like 2 years ago XD. So there are no original CD drivers so I don't know what to download and install.

*sigh* I might as well just reformat it. I don't want to redownload everything though *sigh*

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like a driver conflict with sp2. Did you try to run it in safe mode? If it works in safe mode and it doesn't work booting up regularly then you need to uninstall the old drivers that are causing the problem. You should also download the newer drivers for the laptop. They can be found on the manufacturers website. You can probably find even more up-to-date drivers if you go directly to the website of the manufacturers of each of the components.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
At p1ngy, Yeah I have downloaded the drivers from Dell's site, its a Inspiron 1150 there are so many different drivers I don't know what to download.

At Jiggah, No I haven't tried Safe Mode yet. I certainly will though in a couple minutes.

Thanks for the help guys.

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Well this is the link to your drivers downloads page.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

If you have multiple drivers for the same thing get the newest version. I see the networking is confusing, check your device manager to see what hardware you have.

If you try and install the wrong one it should fail/ not work anyway, so no harm done. You might have to go through a process of elimination.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I think the harddrive is corrupt
frown.gif
. I tried booting in safe mode and I got the same thing. Well, unfortunately tomorrow I'm going to have to reformat it again.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
wchill said:
Huh, that blue screen sounds like a BSoD to me. But your settings have auto-restart enabled.
That makes no sense to me whatsoever lol, I know what BSoD is but what do you mean by Auto-restart enabled, and how do I change it.

And thanks for that p1ngy, thats the site I have been using and I have been doing guessing and checking and it sucks ass.

ryukyus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's installation problem if you skip any file while installing windows xp try to reinstall it, and as for driver installation download driver genius pro it's much easier and noob friendly it does all the job for you looking for the latest driver and downloading them, for you

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
NeSchn said:
wchill said:
Huh, that blue screen sounds like a BSoD to me. But your settings have auto-restart enabled.
That makes no sense to me whatsoever lol, I know what BSoD is but what do you mean by Auto-restart enabled, and how do I change it.

He means theres an option to make your computer not restart when it gets a BSOD error. But seeing as it wont even boot, even in safe mode, it seems more then likely either your windows installation or HDD partition has gone wrong. You cant even get into windows to change the setting, so dont worry about it.

Like I said when my friends laptop HDD corrupted it had the exact same issue. Bios screen loads fine, then you get the windows XP loading screen, it would go black, then get a split second BSOD, a split second of text, then restart.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all the help guys! I will take all your suggestions into consideration and first try to repair Windows and if not then I will be reformatting unfortunately. I need to do it tomorrow as I need to start researching tonight and start an essay tomorrow, I will also try that Driver Genius Pro program, it seems interesting.

I will keep you guys updated. Thanks again.
biggrin.gif

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NeSchn said:
Thanks for all the help guys! I will take all your suggestions into consideration and first try to repair Windows and if not then I will be reformatting unfortunately. I need to do it tomorrow as I need to start researching tonight and start an essay tomorrow, I will also try that Driver Genius Pro program, it seems interesting.

biggrin.gif
I can confirm for you that using a Drviver scanner works like a charm. I would suggest Uniblue Driver Scanner. Works perfectly for me.

NeSchn

Swag.
OP
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Edgedancer said:
NeSchn said:

biggrin.gif
I can confirm for you that using a Drviver scanner works like a charm. I would suggest Uniblue Driver Scanner. Works perfectly for me.
Thanks, I'll try both.

Unfortunately repairing Windows didn't do shit so as p1ngy said, My HDD is probably corrupt so I am reformatting it now.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c