Help me with homebrew launcher

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by gatoula, Jul 21, 2016.

1. gatoula
    OP

gatoula Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    Greece
    Hi guys is there a way to install homebrew launcher without games exploit my 3ds firmware is 11 i have installed nothing so far

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    No, you need a game. There is no free exploit.

3. gatoula
    OP

gatoula Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    Greece
    List of exploited games? How do i know which game is exploited? Also can you give me a tutorial on how to do this?

4. FanmadeEndings

FanmadeEndings GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
    Scroll down a little on this one.

5. Ricken

Ricken And you must keep your soul

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Shibuya, The small one from Vegas
    Last edited by Ricken, Jul 21, 2016
    Xiphiidae likes this.
  6. FanmadeEndings

Feb 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    I just happened to remember the URL I posted. In the end, it doesn't really matter, does it?

7. gatoula
    OP

gatoula Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    Greece
    I have pokemon ORAS does this destroys my ORAS game?

8. Ricken

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    Not really. Its nice seeing the games that can run homebrew on their own seperate from the secondaries :P

FanmadeEndings likes this.
  9. FanmadeEndings

Feb 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    True. Still, OP will have to research stuff anyway. Whatever, he got what he asked for. :P

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

No, just makes secret bases unavailable.

Ricken likes this.
  10. Ricken

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    The exploit doesn't but you need another exploit to install it...
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

11. gatoula
    OP

gatoula Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    Greece
    Ok how to proceed with this exploit?

12. Ricken

Jan 19, 2016
    United States

13. gatoula
    OP

gatoula Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    Greece
    what another exploit i need for this exploit is it free?

14. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    No its not free and it will not be free seeing you're on 11.0. You want dem free games? Better pay for a hardmod (~50) or get an (second) A9LH 3ds and spend $5 on a dsiware game and another $20 on an exploit game (this can be pokemon but you do need a hacked 3ds to make it an exploit game)

Ricken likes this.
  15. Ricken

Jan 19, 2016
    United States
    None of the 11.0 exploits are free...

Standalone exploits are exploits that can run on their own, without needing another exploit
    Secondary exploits are exploits that require something else to install a hax payload to its save file. It can run on its own after being installed

OoT3D is the only secondary that can be installed via Powersaves, all the others can only be installed via the homebrew launcher, which makes a standalone required for your circumstances.
    4th time now (lol) but The standalone exploit games are Freakyforms Deluxe, SmileBASIC, and Smash Bros, Smash Bros' working on New3DS only

16. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    OP you need a primary exploit to begin, or a friend who already has access to homebrew
    Primary exploit: Self-sufficient, can be installed and run from itself, no need for previous access to homebrew in order to install exploit
    Secondary: Relies on a primary access to install, or in other words requires you to already have access to homebrew in order to install exploit

Current 11.0 Primary Exploits: BasicSploit, FreakHax, SmileHax, or Smash. Smash would only work on new3ds.
    There currently are no free entry points, and unless you already have SmileBASIC installed you won't be able to use BASICSploit or SmileHax
    So currently your options are FreakyForms Deluxe for FreakyHax, or Smash. You could also buy a physical copy of Ocarina of Time 3d and powersaves, and then install the exploit via computer to use OoT3dhax.
    Though I am unsure if it has been fully fixed yet or not, so if someone could verify that that exploit has fully been fixed or not that would be great.
    "Standalone exploit" are actually called Primary exploits, but they are basically the same.

Ricken likes this.
  17. gatoula
    OP

gatoula Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 21, 2016
    Greece
    Any recommended exploits for me?

18. mashers

mashers Stubborn ape

Jun 10, 2015
    Kongo Jungle
    They have literally just been listed for you.

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  19. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I can't tell you which one to choose, because that has to be your choice. Smash would only work if you have a new3ds, and IMO it's a huge hassle to get working, and won't be viable to do if you aren't at home.
    So your other two I would actually recommend would be Freakforms Deluxe or Ocarina of Time 3d and a powersaves. You can pick up Freakyforms Deluxe if you search around for about the same price as a powersaves device and Ocarina of Time 3d.
    I would personally go with FreakyFroms Deluxe if you can get a copy of it at a decent price, mostly because it's easier to update it's payload in the future.