Kitamurin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Well...first of all, hi everyone

Let's see...I'm basically kinda desperate and this is the only place where I think I might get some help. So I don't know if this is the correct section to ask about this but if not, feel free to move this thread please.

The thing is that I was changing themes with CHMM (using hombrew via tubehax, latest firmware) and everything was ok until a stupid (yes, really stupid) idea came up to my mind...so basically I "mixed" themes by taking the audio file (bgm.bcstm) from a specific theme and moving into another different one (and deleting its own audio file), then I put my SD card back on my 3DS and installed this "theme" with CHMM...everything was fine until system reboot...

After the 3ds reboot, the home screen was completely black, just some slight shades of the theme that I just installed and nothing else, I wasn't able to do anything but press the power button to see Nintendo's info about sleep mode and stuff. Then I made sure that everything was fine because I removed the SD and my 3ds just worked normally without it, no problem at all. After that, I even formatted my SD card and copy all the files again but it was pretty much the same... Now I'm kinda scared because I don't know how to fix this problem and I'm a newbie with this kind of things (Although I think the problem is related with theme cache, idk what to do in that case anyway).

So please guys, I'd really appreciate any solution, clue, instruction, or everything that might help me to fix the problem...I promise I won't be reckless again with this kind of stuff

thanks in advance ;__;

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All you have to do is delete the right folder on the sd..i dont remember wich one exactly but its mentionned in the thread for CHMM..
Then the screen will be back to normal.

EDIT: damn i cant remember the name..i had thisnissues when modifiying a theme currently active and i had to delete a folder thati cant remember the name.. i wrote it on the CHMM's thread so you will find it there for sure..

Last edited by puss2puss,

Kitamurin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
All you have to do is delete the right folder on the sd..i dont remember wich one exactly but its mentionned in the thread for CHMM..
Then the screen will be back to normal.
Really? Omg thanks god it has a solution >_<! Do u mind if I ask u for some help to find what folder do I have to delete please? ;-; (I really don't want to fuck up things even more by deleting sth wrong >_<)

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Really? Omg thanks god it has a solution >_<! Do u mind if I ask u for some help to find what folder do I have to delete please? ;-; (I really don't want to fuck up things even more by deleting sth wrong >_<)
Sure.
i'm checking my old posts to find in wich page it was but my internet is extremely slow tonight..bad weather..
I remember the folder's name had lots of zeros..its the extdata where the current theme is saved..firsttime it happen i tought it was bricked lol..anyway, found the folder, it was extdata\00000000\000002cd , but thats on a us console..but it might be the same..dont know.

Kitamurin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sure.
i'm checking my old posts to find in wich page it was but my internet is extremely slow tonight..bad weather..
I remember the folder's name had lots of zeros..its the extdata where the current theme is saved..firsttime it happen i tought it was bricked lol..anyway, found the folder, it was extdata\00000000\000002cd , but thats on a us console..but it might be the same..dont know.
Thanks a lot! I found the 000002cd folder.. So, do I have to delete the whole thing, right? (just asking because it has another folder "00000000" with many files inside)

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot! I found the 000002cd folder.. So, do I have to delete the whole thing, right? (just asking because it has another folder "00000000" with many files inside)
Yup, but just to make sure, keep a backup of the folder on your pc, atleast for the time you try..but if i remember right i deleted everything that was inside 000002cd.

Reactions: Kitamurin

Kitamurin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yup, but just to make sure, keep a backup of the folder on your pc, atleast for the time you try..but if i remember right i deleted everything that was inside 000002cd.
OMFG it worked like a charm!!!! thanks a lot buddy, you really saved me!! :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Did you get it fixed?
Yes :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: