HELP ME PLEASE Huge Issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nintendolinky, Mar 24, 2009.

Mar 24, 2009
  1. nintendolinky
    OP

Member nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Hey guys, so ive had a wii since launch and ive had it modded with a wiikey V1. Today my little girl decided to spill her black current drink all over the wii. I suddenly turned it off and kept it off for about six hours. About 2 hours ago i plugged it all back in and played a burned copy of pikmin and it worked great. I have just tried tun it on now and it takes about a minute to get to the main menu and there is a loud hissing noise coming from the speakers of the tv. The menu thing is really slow and buggy. I can still load preloader and its still the same speed, and so is the homebrew channel.
    Is there anything that can be done to save this wii, or is it a lost cause. I might buy a new one or 2nd hand from ebay and reinstall my wiikey. How do i go around doing this, im ok with soldering but ive never desoldered something before.
    Thanks for any help.

2. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    first thing you should have done was take it apart and clean it, cause it could take forever for it to Dry out, you may have already ruined it, but what i would do, is take it apart and clean it, the mother board, the dvd drive everything , you might get lucky and it may fix it,

and desoldering is the easiest part, just hold the iron tip to the point for about 1 Second and remove one wire at a time, and for re-soldering, go readup on some guides or get yourself if you can't solder a Wiikey2 with Clip doesn't require soldering

3. nintendolinky
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks wiiblaster ive took it all apart and left it on the top of a wardrobe to dry out. Can you explain though why its running really slow. The main menu is laggy but preloader isnt and neither is the homebrew channel.

4. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I dont know if anyone can answer that question for ya correctly. I'm guessing it no longer plays Games now? if it does does it play them at full speed? i'm sure something is still wet on the mother board or dvd drive or it may already be ruined no clue, But one thing for sure i wouldn't be running like it is, if something is still wet your only going to make it worst, Take the mother board completely out check it completely top and bottom dvd drive also, how much of the insides got wet?

5. nintendolinky
    OP

United Kingdom
    Your correct it does not play games, it brings up an error. Im not sure it all got wet as when i took it apart i could only find small amounts of fluid.

6. aaaa_

Newcomer aaaa_ Member

United Kingdom
    god hates u
    lol ive got an even bigger issue than urs
    btw i think u should call nintendo

7. bugaveli

Banned bugaveli Banned

United States
    DONT BUY A NEW ONE, oh wait, modchip nevermind lol I had a similar incident with apple juice in a dreamcast, with similar problems, I cleaned it best I could but the DC loaded very slowly and i had the same audio whine. turns out all I had to replace was the power board circuit and I still own it to this day. I read that it had something to do with shorting the power supply circuit and it was staying hot. Another thing would be to look at what area got the most damage and see if you can isolate it down to a single board or part, way easier than buying a whole new one. Can you post pics maybe of where the most damage was. Maybe we could help you to isolate it and try just replacing the most "muffed up" part. hope this helps

Edit: I see you posted while I was posting so it seems there doesnt look to be as much damage. Man if that USB Iso loader was out you might be ok. Does your friend have a wii? It might be worth swapping parts to see if you can get yours workig again. wiipower is it possible to swap parts from different wiis or no?

8. djtaz

Member djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Ireland
    Why not just totally move away from the modchip and go with a full soft mod method ?
    Is it the mod chip thats slowing it down or is it still like that with the chip removed ?

Ohh and god doesnt hate u - hes just having a laugh

9. nintendolinky
    OP

United Kingdom
    I will post pics of the it all in the morning as its just gone 10pm here, and the little one is up. Thanks for all your help hoping i can get this sorted, otherwise i will need to buy another.

10. nintendolinky
    OP

United Kingdom
    Ive always had the chip in there, i bought one of the wiikey as soon as they came out. And i know a lot about soft modding and ive done my bit with that, cioscorp etc. Just for the best compatibility. So to answer your question its not the chip i reckon its the memory chip being damaged or something. as all homebrew works ok.
    And i know god don't hate me, hes just feeling a bit devious. Well my bleeding daughter was when she decided to spill ribena. [​IMG]