Skye07

OP
Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I was rearranging partitions and was merging 2 partitions but I don't know what happened but one of the two partitions is completely gone and all data on the other one is gone too. They contained like 40gb of data, what program can I use to try and recover the files? The first partition still exisits but it's empty and the second is just gone (unallocated space).

EDIT:

Right, I think for some reason the partition table or whatever it is is corrupted or something because after the merging Partition Magic did a whole bunch of "fixing minor error in file #####" and after that "Deleting index of file #####"

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is the data still lost after PM said these things?

BTW, GetDataBack is your best friend. I saved 200gb of data, with no loss
tongue.gif

noONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yeah, GetDataBack works great, take quite some time to retrieve the data, but thats understandable, just don't mess with the HDD, and write other files to it, before using GetDataBack, or else you might overwrite the sector where you had data on.

Skye07

OP
Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Well the first partition (G drive) contains a bunch of folders called "dir[nummers].chk" and a lot of file[number].chk windows sees the extension as recovered file fragment but I have no idea what to do with it

EDIT:

GetDataBack works like a charm, thanks guys
grog.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool