Help me, I'm freaking out! PLEASE!!!

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all, I know this should be in the blogs, but they're so inactively visited now, and I really need help.
So I help around in my school's office, and I was asked to go throw out the recycling. My office administrator didn't tie the bag, and I just threw it in the bin. The bin was a bit full, but I managed to close it, and the bag was not facing the outside of the dump. I didn't go out the whole day in school, and after school I noticed that there was that same recycling of shredded paper was all over the place. I'm sure it's not my fault, and the doors were closed, since I left late after school. The office administrator will know that it is my fault, and tomorrow I may get in trouble. Should I go to school early tomorrow and let her know what happened? I'm freaking out, don't know what to do.
I've noticed in my life that once I am happy, something breaks my happiness and gives me sorrows or fear. I know this shouldn't be here, but where else should I ask! Yahoo Answers have people replying that there are security cameras that can prove me innocent, well there aren't.
I'm really scared. Tomorrow, my sister's baby is due, and that's why I was so happy, but now i'm scared as shit.
Please help me :(

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really, just chill out. It's a little shredded paper, she might mutter to herself "ugh, damnit, guess that kid didn't tie the bag before he threw it in", but past that, nothing unless she's a psycho bitch. It sounds like you did your job just fine. You got the bag in there (despite being full) and that was that. Some other dipstick probably opened it up, tried throwing something heavy in, and that caused a lot of the paper to get pushed out. I really wouldn't sweat it. Absolute worst that might happen is she might call you to her office and ask you if you know why <the amount of> the paper was on the ground. At this point, just explain that you put the bag in and nothing had come out, someone else must have broke the bag open by putting something on it, etc. I highly even doubt you'd get detention over it. She'd probably just tell you to close the bag up better next time; the janitor/custodian/groundskeeping will likely have already cleaned it up (or it might have blown away) so you can't really do anything about that.

Really, man, I wouldn't sweat it. And, look at it this way - ABSOLUTE WORST CASE SCENARIO IF YOU ADMINISTRATOR IS A PSYCHO BITCH - you get a few days of suspension, if SHE IS REALLY, REALLY, REALLY unbelievably psycho. You get through it, explain it to your parents, and go on with your life. Nothing goes on a permanent record, that's all a load of shit. The only "permanent record" you have is your transcript, which has your grades and classes taken and a little personal info, and that goes as far as the first college you go to. Unless things are work differently in this case in Canada than they do in the US, take my word for it - I've been suspended multiple times throughout Jr. High and High School, usually for fighting.

If you don't get suspended, you'll get detention for up to a few days - You either sit at a "detention" table during your lunch period, or you have to stay after school and sit in a detention room, where you usually do piss nothing for however long the extra curricular period after school is.

And if you don't get detention, you'll get a stern talking to - up to and possibly including "just be a little more careful next time"/"don't make it so easy for messes to be made"/etc

And if you don't get a stern talking to, she'll ask you what happened - to which you respond truthfully to, sincerely apologize for what happened, and after that, be on your way.

And if she doesn't ask you what happened, then congratulations. You get off scott free, and can laugh at how worried you got about the ordeal in a few days time.

Now, read those from last to first, and the likelihood of the one above it happening gets slimmer, slimmer, and slimmer.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Flee to Mexico. NOW.

2mg8kn7.jpg

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry. Unless you go to my school, where the administrator actually is a psycho, you'll be fine. Tell her what happened. By telling her ahead of time, you show remorse, and/or make yourself appear innocent.

actually, listen to pyro. FLEE THE COUNTRY

Reactions: Black-Ice

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh my god. I'm relieved. My friend just told me on Skype that some of the grade sevens and eights actually saw the bag, and caused that mess. I'm going in early to tell what happened, cause I'll be getting in trouble, if I don't. Thank you for the help people.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh my god. I'm relieved. My friend just told me on Skype that some of the grade sevens and eights actually saw the bag, and caused that mess. I'm going in early to tell what happened, cause I'll be getting in trouble, if I don't. Thank you for the help people.

If you go in and explain the whole thing, then good on you, but remember, just keep cool about it all. Don't freak out, don't cause any commotion. Just go in and explain what happened.

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you go in and explain the whole thing, then good on you, but remember, just keep cool about it all. Don't freak out, don't cause any commotion. Just go in and explain what happened.

Yeah, I was talking to my friend earlier, and he said the same thing. I'll go in before the bell rings, and i'll explain. Thank you so much man.
I just want to give evidence to people that I'm not joking of how I found out that it's not my fault at all:
[5:46:27 PM] qasim.latif234: Hey Gobiga, I noticed that there was shredded scraps everywhere outside of the school, but that cannot be possible, that it is my fault. I swear that I closed the dump properly, and the bag was facing much away from the lid of the dump. I might get in trouble tomorrow, and I'm just really worried right now. I know that I did nothing, and I saw Joanna and Angel playing around. I'm really worried, what do you think will happen tomorrow?
[10:14:54 PM] Gobiga Arumuhathas: I saw what happened
[10:15:32 PM] qasim.latif234: Gobiga, I just realized something.
[10:15:46 PM] Gobiga Arumuhathas: Some of the grade sevens and eights took the bag out and threw the shreds of paper on the floor
[10:15:54 PM] qasim.latif234: oh
[10:15:58 PM] qasim.latif234: I knew it
[10:16:07 PM] qasim.latif234: I was so stressed today
[10:16:19 PM] qasim.latif234: everytime i get excited or happy, some bad stuff comes
[10:16:19 PM] qasim.latif234: and
[10:16:27 PM] qasim.latif234: i don't think it's my fault at all.
[10:16:33 PM] qasim.latif234: i'll go early tomorrow and explain what happened
[10:29:32 PM] qasim.latif234: Sorry, Skype needed an update. But thank you so much for letting me know. Tomorrow would be my sister's baby's due date.I would've been really upset, and scared at the moment. Thank you so much.

Reactions: Sicklyboy

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No one really cares even if it is just paper. You have to relax. If you just explain things reasonably, people will generally understand. If you still get in trouble, then you have the satisfaction that you are not at fault.
Also you should have anticipated that it was 7th and 8th graders. I'm pretty sure they are the root of all problems in middle school.

ComeTurismO

CTO
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I'm on my lunch break. I'm so happy. I went 10 minutes before the bell rang, and they said that I didn't do anything at all. It was all this girl's fault. She just picked the bag up from the dump, and started making a mess. Two teachers noticed as they were driving home, but the girl was running away. They got her to go to school, and she got busted. It's not my fault at all! I'm relieved, and now I'm leaving to the hospital for my niece's birth, and for the happiness of me turning into an uncle.
Thank you so much, you taught me to calm down and talk.

ii-c-going

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Glad to hear it all worked out... But,

And if you don't get a stern talking to, she'll ask you what happened - to which you respond truthfully to, sincerely apologize for what happened, and after that, be on your way.

By telling her ahead of time, you show remorse, and/or make yourself appear innocent.

NEVER apologize for something you didn't do, or couldn't prevent. Trust me, i did this allot and it seems the easiest way. But in the long run you just keep taking the blame for thing other people cause.

Just my two cents...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    both of which work well in potplayer
    amd is a bit cheaper though
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Cheaper and they are less stingy with the RAM not a big issue now but I can imagine in a yard or two things might be different
    Year not yard lol
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow