Help me decide on Nerd Shit

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by chavosaur, Feb 24, 2014.

?

What the Hecky should i get?

1. Half Life Gravity Gun

55.6%
  2. Baby Metroid Replica

33.3%
  3. Some other Nerd Shit

11.1%
  1. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    So Im in some Agony here. My Father is paying me side money for Helping at his job in the next week or two. Now as most of you may or may not kno, Im a HUGE collector of various franchises (see the links in the spoilers to see what I mean)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

I only collect things from franchises I adore, and I pride myself in obtaining and owning really rare things.

Here's My dilemma. I'm torn between two Amazingly rare things and cant decide, so I wanna see if yall can help me.
    Option A is this Beauty

[​IMG]

This is a To Scale Replica of the Gravity Gun from Half life 2, with working sounds, lights and all. It'd look amazing next to my Portal Gun Replica, and I already have a Headcrab plush coming soon that would fit the theme nicely. Its not AS rare, but its also recently released and can start to become rare in mere days to weeks.

Option B However, is EXTREMELY rare.

[​IMG]

This Is a replica of the Baby Metroid Other M. This little guy was handcrafted for a convention in tokyo, made by a brand called Zoomoth. They were only shown at the convention and only 50 were made. They re-released a second version encased in ice but it looks pretty shit. So this guy is pretty rare. My only problem is he's not officially licensed. Because of this, he doesn't have much worth, moreso just interest value. However as a Huge Metroid fan I would love to own him either way.

So what do you guys think? Which should I go for? Or do you have a suggestion for me instead that maybe I havent seen?
    My Favorite Franchises are:
    Zelda
    Metroid
    Halo
    Portal
    Half life
    Team Fortress 2
    Resident Evil

Tell me what y'all think. And dont forget to check my spoilers. You may suggest something i already have.

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  2. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    chavosaur likes this.
  3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
    I say go for the Gravity Gun (I get a big nerd boner for Half Life) but rare things are nice... that Metroid looks pretty damn awesome.

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    gravity gun since you already have a portal gun

5. chavosaur
    OP

chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip Contributor
    Mar 11, 2012
    United States
    Huntersville, NC
    Not gonna Lie Foxi. that little thing Piques My interest... I have a little Leon Kennedy and Ada figure I could sit next to it too. Must save this idea for later :ph34r:

EZ-Megaman likes this.
  6. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    Go with the gun - it's sure to add "gravity" to any collection.

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week!

chavosaur and Foxi4 like this.
  7. TyBlood13

TyBlood13 Weeaboo Trash

Jul 1, 2012
    United States
    Kentucky
    I'd go with the Metroid. Not only does it look awesome and is rare, you could always get the gravity gun later. I'm sure that won't be discontinued anytime soon

8. Chocolina

Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

May 28, 2012
    United States
    I have a soft spot for Nintendo but I also like not spending money on dust collectors.

You should look at it as an investment and which one will be worth more in in the long run.

9. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    I'd get the Gravity Gun. It just looks a lot more impressive than the Metroid, even though it may technically be not as rare.