Gaming Help me decide on a case!!

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah the leather seems okay for now, got a while to decide if I want that or nerf, but right now it's preordered
biggrin.gif
. I once ordered a $5 leather case for an MP3 player...great investment lol.

How is silicone even good against dropping? I always thought it was a flimsy rubber that won't protect shit if dropped.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i thought the silicon hang grip looked pretty protective and comfortable

i know that i bought a leather case from the same company for psp and it fell appart real fast
i would not buy the leather one

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigpaws said:
i thought the silicon hang grip looked pretty protective and comfortable

i know that i bought a leather case from the same company for psp and it fell appart real fast
i would not buy the leather one

You sure it's the same company lol? What happened?

Found my Mario stickers...finally!

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9118/0224110848a.jpg
http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/9481/0224110848.jpg

They have a gold trim around them and their shiny
smile.gif
. Should I put one on like my DSL? I might...not sure yet. Wonder which one too.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok so it aint the same company, i think this is what i had
http://www.amazon.com/PSP-Ultimate-Gator-H...249&sr=1-31

they look slimilar though
basicly they materials were glued together and that glue seperated
i would think that made it cheeper but less durible
that and the "leather" seamed cheap and it looks like the same
just pointing it out

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Wizzerzak said:
well, the first one is completely different to the others. It is more of a shell, whereas the others are more 'carry case'-like.
Out of the bottom two I prefer the leather, it looks nicer, is smaller, and provides better protection against drops but has a few real flaws:
> By the looks of it the DS just 'sits' in there and will fall out if you open the clip, and possibly even fall out the sides even when it's done up.
> The games look like they'll fall out very easily, i can imagine (after some wear) they'll fall out the slots then slip out the sides.

> It only carries 3 games (though this won't be a problem in a few months time if ya no what i mean
tongue.gif
)

So you need to decide when/where you will use it and how easily things may be lost depending where you keep it. If you do go for the leather one I would do as the above poster said and use it in conjunction with the yellow case. This will prevent it's 'nakedness' (if that's what you want to call it) and also provide extra protection for when it falls out of the leather case after you open it upside-down.

^anyone considered the points in bold yet?
there is nothing to prevent it slipping out the sides of the case.

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
Wizzerzak said:
well, the first one is completely different to the others. It is more of a shell, whereas the others are more 'carry case'-like.
Out of the bottom two I prefer the leather, it looks nicer, is smaller, and provides better protection against drops but has a few real flaws:
> By the looks of it the DS just 'sits' in there and will fall out if you open the clip, and possibly even fall out the sides even when it's done up.
> The games look like they'll fall out very easily, i can imagine (after some wear) they'll fall out the slots then slip out the sides.

> It only carries 3 games (though this won't be a problem in a few months time if ya no what i mean
tongue.gif
)

So you need to decide when/where you will use it and how easily things may be lost depending where you keep it. If you do go for the leather one I would do as the above poster said and use it in conjunction with the yellow case. This will prevent it's 'nakedness' (if that's what you want to call it) and also provide extra protection for when it falls out of the leather case after you open it upside-down.

^anyone considered the points in bold yet?
there is nothing to prevent it slipping out the sides of the case.

Actually I pointed out that in the pictures, by the corners of the 3DS are two clips, one on each side, which seems to hold it in. That's why I'm getting the leather case. Not sure about the games though.

I really hope it won't be the same as the intec case lol. If it falls apart I'll go after Amazon or the company.

http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-20---1-...705&sr=1-28

40 bucks but that controller clip on thing has speakers...looks awesome. Too expensive though for some cheap stuff.

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i'd get the blue portfolio thingy because it seems to be the most usefull because you can put the charger in it. Well it's usefull for longer travels but the leather thingy is pretty cool.
I just didn't help you at all

DarkMario616

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No you helped haha.

The portfolio is nice, and it says the case detaches.

Ah it's so hard to decide!!

I think I'm dismissing the yellow case completely.

The portfolio...eh.

Leather is on preorder.

Nerf...I want to know what colors there are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...