Gaming Help me Consolidate two SD cards into one

ekolimits

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, why is this so hard? Everywhere I look it says to drag and drop and done but the Animal Crossing save is not there...

Ok I have a 2GB card with Animal Crossing on it and a 4GB with Bravely Default. Obviously a stupid setup so I purchased a 32GB card to consolidate. I copied the Bravely default first and the save file is fine but copied the Animal crossing too and didnt work.

Everything was a drag and drop and I am aware of parent folders and such so I am pretty sure I placed everything as it should... It even told me to overwrite some files and I allowed it.

Is there an Easy way for me to add just the Animal Crossing save file to my 32GB card that has the Bravely Default game on it? I redownloaded animal crossing to that card and now only need the save file.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you could copy the Bravely Default game to your computer, then clone the 2GB to the 32GB card,then extend the partition to fill the card, then copy the game to it.

steps:
download driveimage XML and EaseUS Partition Manager and install them (MAKE SURE TO UNCHECK ALL BUNDLED SOFTWARE INCLUDED WITH EaseUS Partition Manager)
http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm
http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm

copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder to your computer (from the 32GB SD card)
--IMPORTANT

backup SD card drive to a image (the 2GB SD card)
--open driveimage XML

1. click backup
2. click on SD card drive letter
3. click Next
4. leave alone (you can change the directory the backup image is copied to tho)
5. click Next, then let finish

6. now put in the 32 GB SD card
7. open driveimage XML
8. click restore
9. select the backup image created earlier from the 2GB SD card.
10. select the SD card as the partition to restore to, then click next
11. now open EaseUS Partition manager
12. click Partition Manager
13. right click on the SD card's partition and click "resize/move partition"
14. drag slider to fill entire SD card then click OK
15. now copy the "Nintendo 3DS" folder to the SD card and DO NOT OVERWRITE anything (skip any when asked)
16. put SD card in 3DS, and now both games (and their respective saves) *should* work.

ekolimits

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I tried this method and it did not work.
I followed every step and once I put in the 32 gb in 3ds the animal crossing was there with the game save but bravely default was not in the menu.
I redownloaded bravely default and then it had no save game.

Any help is appreciated!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm pretty sure that the 3DS does not support partitioned SD cards, so fooling around with that won't accomplish much. Game content on the SD card is encrypted as far as I know, so you might have to simply re-download your games to the new SD card. The save files should be copy-paste'able though.

ekolimits

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently I lost my Animal Crossing Save forever now that it is "not the newest one". Fuck it I just listed my 3ds on cl for a ps vita. Im done.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hear that dude. I could have helped you earlier, but I really thought driverdis's recommendation worked. In any case, for a reference of anyone who might have this problem in the future, this was from someone at Nintendo's tech support forums. Share it so that others can avoid this problem.

Okay so I figured this out. It's kind of annoying because the 3DS folder structure seems to be numbers (guessing Hexadecimal).

I was able to copy the contents of both my SD cards to my computer and merge the two. I made sure that the SD card with pokemon on it was the only digitally downloaded game on it.

The 4 gb SD card that had Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, and Zelda I copied back to my larger 16 gb SD card to make sure things still worked. My copy was successful, all my games were there! Next I downloaded pokemon Y again via nintendo shop because I needed a point of reference. After that was done I booted up pokemon y and made a mock save. I then put the 16gb sd card back into my computer and compared it with the backup that I made for my Pokemon Y.

the folder structure you are looking for is something like this:

Nintendo 3DS\dbdde43be194f7a01f572f0d300dd003\192b00ba3010084e30303030001b534d\title\00040000\00055e00\data

The title folder (or the 00040000 folder) contains your downloaded games. I noticed both my 16 gbSD and 2gb backup on the computer had the 000055e00 folder. What's more is I compared the files sizes of the actual ROM image of Pokemon Y which is titled:

00000002.app

That was found in this folder path:

\Nintendo 3DS\dbdde43be194f7a01f572f0d300dd003\192b00ba3010084e30303030001b534d\title\00040000\00055e00\content

I previously did a search to find out how large Pokemon Y is and both of the files are aprrox 1.67 GBs. I pretty much stumbled on the data folder after that and found this file

00000001.sav

That is the save file for the game the .sav is a dead giveaway. I copied the save file over from my computer's Data folder into my 16gb SD card's Data folder and overwrote the old one and voila I successfully injected my save game!

Hopefully this helps somebody.

Earlier post from same person:

Before I continue, I must say that this is completely my fault and could have been prevented had I done my reading before messing with files.

I decided to back up my save in Pokemon X (I downloaded it, and now know I should not have and cannot back up my save), so i copied all the files onto my computer. I played for a bit afterwards, saved, turned the system off. A friend needed a 4 GB sd card, which is what my pokemon save was on. So i figured I could just give him the 4GB to use and put my backup on the 2 GB which came with the 3ds.

Unfortunately due to some anti-cloning measures Nintendo put in I am unable to access my save, and receive the message "The saved data is not compatible with this version, so it can't be used." I am directed to refer to the manual, where I find out that I'm not supposed to back up my save because, well, this will happen.

So, I admit that this was all my fault, but I'd like to know if my 150+ hours of play time are salvagable, or if I should attempt contacting Nintendo. s

My guess is, the pattern is to have the 2nd SD card's games redownloaded. That is, first copy the main SD card to the newer larger SD card. Leave the 2nd SD card alone. Whatever games were on the 2nd SD card, redownload them onto the newer larger card, which will create the necessary folder structure. Then simply copy saves over from the 2nd SD card to the newer larger card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021