HELP ME - Am I screwed???

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I borrowed some DSis from my school assistant, and she gave me two of them, both had Flipnote Studio on it. I wanted to transfer data from one Flipnote Studio to another, so I figured I would copy FS from one DSi to a provided SD card, and from it to the second one.

So I deleted flipnote studio on the second one, and wanted to transfer from the SD card to it, problem is, FS is a "locked" app, and copying from SD card to DSi is apparently not possible.

How do I reinstall Flipnote Studio without any CFW bullcrap? She had OFW and flipnote studio on it, and I want to leave it that way when I return it.

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I also do NOT have any PC with a SD card reader, nor we ever needed a reader. I'm not buying new hardware just to install flipnote studio.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
https://dsi.cfw.guide/

I have difficulties following your thought process, though, if there even was one. You wanted to copy Flipnote Studio data from one DSi to the other, that's why... you deleted it from one of them? Why are you deleting stuff from hardware that doesn't belong to you and you obviously know nothing about?

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
https://dsi.cfw.guide/

I have difficulties following your thought process, though, if there even was one. You wanted to copy Flipnote Studio data from one DSi to the other, that's why... you deleted it from one of them? Why are you deleting stuff from hardware that doesn't belong to you?
That link requires a SD card reader, I do not have one.

ILuvGames

The Avatar-less One
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I borrowed some DSis from my school assistant, and she gave me two of them, both had Flipnote Studio on it. I wanted to transfer data from one Flipnote Studio to another, so I figured I would copy FS from one DSi to a provided SD card, and from it to the second one.

So I deleted flipnote studio on the second one, and wanted to transfer from the SD card to it, problem is, FS is a "locked" app, and copying from SD card to DSi is apparently not possible.

How do I reinstall Flipnote Studio without any CFW bullcrap? She had OFW and flipnote studio on it, and I want to leave it that way when I return it.
Have you tried formatting the system memory?

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States

Have you tried downloading it from the DSi Shop?

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The DSi Shop essentially no longer exists. If I remember correctly the only app available now is the 3DS transfer one.
I'm still able to download it, it seems. Dunno if you can after it's been deleted, but:
Screenshot_20211101-173143.png

Settings -> Titles You've Downloaded

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm still able to download it, it seems. Dunno if you can after it's been deleted, but:
View attachment 282709
Settings -> Titles You've Downloaded
It depends. As far as I know you can still redownload titles you had before (no matter if free titles or paid). If you downloaded Flipnote before closure, you're in luck.
I've no idea about DSi(XL) that came with Flipnote Studio preinstalled – they have not downloaded it from the shop (and the other preinstalled titles including Brainage cannot be transferred to 2|3DS – which would work if they were purchased from the DSi Shop).

Have you tried formatting the system memory?
I've not tried if those that had Flipnote Studio preinstalled delete it on "Format System Memory" (A Wii U that came with Mario Maker on NAND did not delete the game on formatting). But do you really think formatting or better say "throwing away the user profile, all installed DSiWare and saves" is a helpful idea?
Something got deleted although it shouldn't and you suggest to delete even more???

I have no idea what a "locked app" is, but I can tell you that you can't move any DSiWare from one console to another by exporting it to the SD (by default). Nintendo wasn't so generous to implement the DSiWare software without DRM.
Next time you should not delete stuff on devices that aren't yours.

I have no idea why CFW is "bullcrap" in your eyes, but you shouldn't modify a console that is obviously not yours (especially not installing unlaunch as permanent modification)

That got removed as well, unfortunately.
Did they really do that? Guess they do not want to provide any support anymore if somebody has problems with it.

Reactions: Kwyjor and banjo2

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
It depends. As far as I know you can still redownload titles you had before (no matter if free titles or paid). If you downloaded Flipnote before closure, you're in luck.
I've no idea about DSi(XL) that came with Flipnote Studio preinstalled – they have not downloaded it from the shop (and the other preinstalled titles including Brainage cannot be transferred to 2|3DS – which would work if they were purchased from the DSi Shop).

I've not tried if those that had Flipnote Studio preinstalled delete it on "Format System Memory" (A Wii U that came with Mario Maker on NAND did not delete the game on formatting). But do you really think formatting or better say "throwing away the user profile, all installed DSiWare and saves" is a helpful idea?
Something got deleted although it shouldn't and you suggest to delete even more???

I have no idea what a "locked app" is, but I can tell you that you can't move any DSiWare from one console to another by exporting it to the SD (by default). Nintendo wasn't so generous to implement the DSiWare software without DRM.

I have no idea why CFW is "bullcrap" in your eyes, but you shouldn't modify a console that is obviously not yours (especially not installing unlaunch as permanent modification)

Did they really do that? Guess they do not want to provide any support anymore if somebody has problems with it.
I checked the DSi shop, no luck, only 3DS transfer is available.

BETA215

Member not found
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina

My DSi XL came with Flipnote Studio and Photo Clock, to name some... no app appears on the DSi Shop to re-download. I guess formatting system could bring it back? Else that system has lost Flipnote until hacked.

Once I formatted its system and all the built-in apps were kept, but dunno if you uninstall them.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My DSi XL came with Flipnote Studio and Photo Clock, to name some... no app appears on the DSi Shop to re-download. I guess formatting system could bring it back? Else that system has lost Flipnote until hacked.

Once I formatted its system and all the built-in apps were kept, but dunno if you uninstall them.
Then it is the same as Wii U: It keeps the Preinstalled titles intact on formatting. On the other side: The Wii U eShop clearly stated that I own a Mario Maker license (and redownloading should be possible on manual deleting.).

I don't think Format System Memory would bring back anything. A reason for deleting would be freeing NAND space for other DSiWare. And this requires actually freeing the space and not just removing the titles from the menu (and bring them back on format).

There is "hidden" space on DSi NAND as well. You can see that the Transfer Tool occupies 0 blocks – user accessible space. It is treated as a part of the system and cannot be deleted in Data Management if I remember correctly.

Reactions: banjo2 and BETA215

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head