Help, Loadiine not working.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Zagreus, May 31, 2017.

1. Zagreus
    OP

Zagreus Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    Netherlands
    I went through the whole Wii U Guide (except vWii). It all worked as indicated there, except I had to replace homebrewlauncher.rpx with homebrewlauncher.elf. It just wouldn't work with the .rpx file (I tried several sources). I think I may have replaced it with version 1.2, though when I start the Homebrew Launcher it still says it's version 2.1.

After I'd replaced homebrewlauncher.rpx, I could finally launch the Homebrew Launcher from the loadiine.ovh website. However, it would still only work with version 1.3, not 1.4. The Wii U guide actually says that this may be the case, so I just used 1.3. I then finished the whole guide, so I now have the Homebrew Launcher as a channel on my Wii U's desktop (I used Coldboot Haxchi with a hackable Virtual Console DS game).

Now I can play games installed with WUP-installer, but Loadiine does not work. When I start it, it always just gives me a black screen. I suspect it may have to do with the fact that Loadiine-ready games use the .rpx file extension: perhaps my Homebrew Launcher cannot read those files? But that would mean I'd have to undo the whole Wii U Guide and then go through it all again. I'm hoping this won't be necessary.

2. SlothWiiPlaza

SlothWiiPlaza Sqikz Sqikz

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Loadiine uses "meta, content, code" folders, not rpx..?

3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Wrong that is the format the games need to be in to work with loadiine but his problem is with the actual loadiine gx2 programme which is an elf file

4. SlothWiiPlaza

SlothWiiPlaza Sqikz Sqikz

Dec 18, 2016
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Oh, maybe he should try the appstore :')

5. BullyWiiPlaza

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    He should try trashing Loadiine because nobody uses it anymore.

6. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    The problem is that you're using Loadiine.

Zagreus and SlothWiiPlaza like this.
  7. Zagreus
    OP

Zagreus Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    Netherlands
    Interesting. So what should I use instead?

8. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Loadiine is old and outdated you can just install games directly to USB using homebrew plus you get the advantage of faster load times and being able to play online.

Zagreus likes this.
  9. Zagreus
    OP

Zagreus Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    Netherlands
    You mean with WUP-installer? WUP-installable games haven't been easy to find, though; most are for Loadiine.

10. Dungeonseeker

Dungeonseeker GBAtemp Regular

Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited by Dungeonseeker, Jun 1, 2017
  11. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    It's always fun to read a comment that is so out of touch with reality. :lol: No offense, Zagreus. I know you're just starting with this stuff.

Zagreus, Felek666 and Marko76 like this.
  12. easyonme

easyonme Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2016
    United States
    If you have installed HID to VPAD, move/delete the folder "controllers" under "sd:/wiiu". Its presence prevents Loadiine from loading.

Last edited by easyonme, Jun 1, 2017
    Zagreus and Marko76 like this.
  13. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Are you on drugs or something lol there are several programs for Windows that can pretty much download the whole wiiu catalogue in usb installable format. programs like wiiu USB downloader ect and they have all been around for about six months lol. You can even get usb download helper on Android. And that'd not even talking about a good few websites that have tons of wiiu games in installable format.

Last edited by Marko76, Jun 1, 2017
    Felek666 likes this.
  14. Felek666

Felek666 Demonically Uncontrollable

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    [wiiu.guide perhaps? That awful guide recommends UTikDownloader which isn't really that noob friendly tbh. ]
    Yeah, Wii U USB Helper is the No.1 pick for simple game downloading and you can even automate this process if you want.

Marko76 likes this.
  15. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Don't even get me started on wiiu.guide it is the worst guide you could possibly use lol.

Felek666 likes this.
  16. Zagreus
    OP

Zagreus Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    Netherlands
    Thanks man, Loadiine works now! Also thanks to the others, I'll try USB Helper as well and compare how the two work for me.