Hacking Help, is it my Acekard 2 that's dying, or is it my MicroSD Card?

• Thread starter TerranigmaFreak
  • Start date
  • Views 2,426
  • Replies 5
T

TerranigmaFreak

OP
Recently, I've been experiencing some freeze ups with the Acekard 2 (it's NOT the DSi version). Nothing major, and a simple reset solves the problem. Today, I tried playing my Acekard and when I turned it on, the DS says there's no cart in the DS slot. Everything was working perfectly earlier.

My MicroSD has also been acting a little weird lately. I can't delete or add files to it. It keeps saying the card is write protected even though it's not. I used an extremely weird way, I put the MicroSD in to an SD adapter, then plug the SD adapter into a USB adapter. This solves the problem, and I can add or delete files from it.

I did try adding and deleting files when I got home, and everything worked well. I even updated to the latest Akaio firmware, but still the same results.

So now my question is, is my Ackard dying, or is it my MicroSD that's dying?

If it is my Acekard, what do you think I should replace it with? It's been a year now and I haven't kept up with the development of flashcards.

Leonidas

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MY guess is your MicroSD adapter doesn't work properly, considering you had to use the SD TF Adapter to make it work. And your Acekard 2 is definitely acting up. It might be the contact issue.Insert a thin piece of cardboard along with the cart into the slot.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The way to be certain would be attempting the reader and card in another PC. If it worked, you should consider reinstalling drivers for your card reader. If you go to device manager and view by connection, you can trace where the controller is connected to the PCI bus. The fact that plugging it into a different USB hub, therefore circumventing it, may be significant. Do you have problems with any other memory cards?

The DS portion sounds like a seperate issue, my first guess would be a contact problem just like Leonidas said.

T

TerranigmaFreak

OP
Leonidas said:
MY guess is your MicroSD adapter doesn't work properly, considering you had to use the SD TF Adapter to make it work. And your Acekard 2 is definitely acting up. It might be the contact issue.Insert a thin piece of cardboard along with the cart into the slot.

Insert a card board on which side?

staticfritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had the same problem with my Acekard 2i freezing roughly every 30 minutes during gameplay. I looked around the interweb and people suggested I slide a piece of thick paper between the piece of plastic that holds the gold contact pins and the card itself. I did this and played a three hour session last night and another hour today and so far no issues. This is the longest it's gone without freezing.

If you compare the Acekard to a regular DS cart, you'll notice the gold pins are shorter, as well as there is no plastic comb over the pins, which would secure the card in place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-