Help installing sysCFW on OLED

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no it doesn't actually ..
Ok, if you fully deleted the bootloader and atmosphere folder, it should now have all atmosphere side blanking disabled.
next we can check that its really booting to the sysnand, by checking the System version in the switch settings, it should show somethings like `14.1.1|AMS 1.3.2|S`

You could also check it in hekate (hold l while powering it on), then press emummc, which should say disabled.
If not, you can press change emuMMC and then select Disable on the top right.

Another way to check it is by checking the `emummc/emummc.ini` file. It should either not exist, or say `enabled=0` if its disabled.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

ohheplays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, if you fully deleted the bootloader and atmosphere folder, it should now have all atmosphere side blanking disabled.
next we can check that its really booting to the sysnand, by checking the System version in the switch settings, it should show somethings like `14.1.1|AMS 1.3.2|S`
it says "14.1/.1|AMS 1.3.1|S"

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it says "14.1/.1|AMS 1.3.1|S"
Ok, then prodinfo blanking (incognito) was probably ran directly on your sysnand.
With luck atmosphere backed it up before he set it up or he send you a full backup of the files from before running it.
If he send you a full backup, it might be possible to just restore it with hekate, otherwise we might need to check what you got.

Reactions: binkinator

ohheplays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, then prodinfo blanking (incognito) was probably ran directly on your sysnand.
With luck atmosphere backed it up before he set it up or he send you a full backup of the files from before running it.
If he send you a full backup, it might be possible to just restore it with hekate, otherwise we might need to check what you got.
he didn't mention backing up, or send any backup files. I could ask, but im like 90% sure he didn't.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
he didn't mention backing up, or send any backup files. I could ask, but im like 90% sure he didn't.
the important part might be in the atmophere folder you backed up at the beginning, check if in there is a `[your serial]_PRODINFO.bin` file.
If its there, you might be able to restore online functionality, but you might not be as ban safe as you would have been otherwise.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
there is one!
Ok, nice, then we should be able to restore it, but I didn't use the atmosphere backup to restore the prodinfo yet, so I will need to check if there is something that needs to be kept in mind.

But just to be sure, on your sd-card is there this file: `atmosphere->config->exosphere.ini`
If its there, could you post its content?

Edit:
The exosphere.ini is actually in the root of the sd-card.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

ohheplays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, nice, then we should be able to restore it, but I didn't use the atmosphere backup to restore the prodinfo yet, so I will need to check if there is something that needs to be kept in mind.

But just to be sure, on your sd-card is there this file: `atmosphere->config->exosphere.ini`
If its there, could you post its content?
Just looked. There's nothing in the config folder, but there is a "config_templates" folder and that has an exosphere file
Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 4.34.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 4.34.30 PM.png

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just looked. There's nothing in the config folder, but there is a "config_templates" folder and that has an exosphere fileView attachment 313302View attachment 313303
In the config templates folder its normale, its where the templates for the config files are, but they arent applied from in there.

You might be able to use this tool to restore the prodinfo backup:
https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager/releases

But before using it, back up the file with your serial to 1 or 2 other places, since without it, restoring the online functionality might be imposible.

Then back up the current profinfo with the blanking via NxNandManager, just to be safe, and then restore the prodinfo using the backup from atmosphere.
Afterwards best stay offline at first, and check that the serial is right. Finally then we will check if there is something left that increases the ban chance and what we can do about it.

ohheplays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the config templates folder its normale, its where the templates for the config files are, but they arent applied from in there.

You might be able to use this tool to restore the prodinfo backup:
https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager/releases

But before using it, back up the file with your serial to 1 or 2 other places, since without it, restoring the online functionality might be imposible.

Then back up the current profinfo with the blanking via NxNandManager, just to be safe, and then restore the prodinfo using the backup from atmosphere.
Afterwards best stay offline at first, and check that the serial is right. Finally then we will check if there is something left that increases the ban chance and what we can do about it.
backed up the file with my serial to 2 other places. Downloaded that app and got it open, but if you don't mind could you explain exactly how to use it to do what you described?

Also thank you so much I really really appreciate all the time you have put into helping me with this

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
backed up the file with my serial to 2 other places. Downloaded that app and got it open, but if you don't mind could you explain exactly how to use it to do what you described?

Also thank you so much I really really appreciate all the time you have put into helping me with this
cant fully test it currently, since I'm under linux right now.
But in general, you need to set hekate to usb mode for the sysnand.
For that open hekate (hold Vol minus while turning it on), then Tools->USB-Tools->press Read only to disable it-> eMMC Raw GPP.

From there on you should be able to mount it in the tool.

I put my exosphere.ini at the / (root level). Didn’t know you could put it in /atmosphere/config/ I learn something new every day here on GBATemp.
Oh, and I didn't know it will be used from the root, so @ohheplays might also need to check if there is a `exosphere.ini` in the root of the sd, maybe he is lucky and its prodinfo blanking is just enabled there.

ohheplays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cant fully test it currently, since I'm under linux right now.
But in general, you need to set hekate to usb mode for the sysnand.
For that open hekate (hold Vol minus while turning it on), then Tools->USB-Tools->press Read only to disable it-> eMMC Raw GPP.

From there on you should be able to mount it in the tool.

Oh, and I didn't know it will be used from the root, so @ohheplays might also need to check if there is a `exosphere.ini` in the root, maybe he is lucky and its prodinfo blanking is just enabled there.
wait before I try to use NXNandManager, there IS an exosphere file in my root!!

here are the contents:

Code:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wait before I try to use NXNandManager, there IS an exosphere file in my root!!

here are the contents:

Code:
[exosphere]
debugmode=1
debugmode_user=0
disable_user_exception_handlers=0
enable_user_pmu_access=0
blank_prodinfo_sysmmc=1
blank_prodinfo_emummc=1
allow_writing_to_cal_sysmmc=0
log_port=0
log_baud_rate=115200
log_inverted=0
just delete it, and it should use the defaults that are mostly safe.
But yeah, that exosphere.ini enabled prodinfo blanking, so setting `blank_prodinfo_sysmmc` to 0 would also disable it and allow going online again.

ohheplays

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just delete it, and it should use the defaults that are mostly safe.
But yeah, that exosphere.ini enabled prodinfo blanking, so setting `blank_prodinfo_sysmmc` to 0 would also disable it and allow going online again.
ok I deleted it, and now the serial number shows up! I didn't try to open the game again yet because I know you mentioned there may be other things we want to check. Do we still want to check anything else?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok I deleted it, and now the serial number shows up! I didn't try to open the game again yet because I know you mentioned there may be other things we want to check. Do we still want to check anything else?
So just to be sure we can check these two things:
* Is there anything on the home menu, that shouldn't be there, e.g. a homebrew like tinfoil
* under Settings -> Support is there any new error log with the blanked serial?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: