FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Ok so i updated my wii to 4.3 a long time ago but i haven't done the update to the new wii shop.
I found out that i have a loadmii 0.3 channel on my wii.
So i put the hackmii installer 0.8 on my USB and tried loading boot.elf and bootmini.elf but they both just freeze after saying Format: ELF
Oh but Boot.ELF freezes at a line after that, "loading section.text.0 0 0x Blah Blah Blah"
I have tried even putting the 2 files to the root of the USB and turned off WiiConnect24
Wow i really need help cause once i get homebrew i wanna get an external hard drive
smile.gif

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
Ok so i updated my wii to 4.3 a long time ago but i haven't done the update to the new wii shop.
So i put the hackmii installer 0.8 on my USB and tried loading boot.elf and bootmini.elf but they both just freeze after saying Format: ELF
Oh but Boot.ELF freezes at a line after that, "loading section.text.0 0 0x Blah Blah Blah"
I have tried even putting the 2 files to the root of the USB and turned off WiiConnect24
Wow i really need help cause once i get homebrew i wanna get an external hard drive
smile.gif
Your wii needs exploiting i'd imagine. Loadmii is an old app and I doubt it'll run without having a trucha bugged ios to run it from.

Your first step is to get hold of an original Lego Indiana Jones. 4.3 needs it to exploit

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Donkey Plonk said:
FireGrey said:
smile.gif
Your wii needs exploiting i'd imagine. Loadmii is an old app and I doubt it'll run without having a trucha bugged ios to run it from.

Your first step is to get hold of an original Lego Indiana Jones. 4.3 needs it to exploit
I was hoping it wouldn't come to that...

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
Donkey Plonk said:
FireGrey said:
smile.gif

I was hoping it wouldn't come to that...
Sorry dude.
Do what I did, buy lego indy off ebay, hack your wii and sell it on again. (A good tip here is, buy during the week at an auction that ends at a silly time. 5am is good, who is on ebay at 5am on a weekday? You get me, if you're on there at 6/7pm, so is EVERYBODY else. So buy at a stupid time, and then sell at a prime time.

I did exactly the opposite and it ended up that it cost me a tenner in total. I bought for £47 and sold less than a week later for £37. £10 for hacking my wii. Totally worth it, a bit of hassle but you get there in the end

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I could probably get it from a video renting shop like video ezy.
I'm gonna go try Dop-Mii to downgrade my system menu to 4.2 so i can just use banner bomb.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
I could probably get it from a video renting shop like video ezy.
I'm gonna go try Dop-Mii to downgrade my system menu to 4.2 so i can just use banner bomb.
I wouldn't and I've been messing with wiis since release day.
Downgrading system menus is very dodgy if you don't know what you're doing 100% and you could end up with an expensive paperweight.

Just be patient and do it the Indiana Pwns way, its a lot safer.

Although renting it you'll be very lucky. Nintendo have taken most copies out of circulation (or it certainly appears that way). Obviously as they know it is the only way for pal users on 4.3 or one of the very few anyway.
I was hunting game shops, second hand game shops, rental shop, even charity shops. Only place I ended up finding a copy was on ebay

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Maybe buy it from ebgames and after afew days say you don't like it so return it.
Lol nahh don't think that would work.
Maybe continue waiting for SmashStack PAL
frown.gif

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
smile.gif
try using HackMii solutions in ModMii or load MMM and then HackMii installer

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
Maybe buy it from ebgames and after afew days say you don't like it so return it.
Lol nahh don't think that would work.
Maybe continue waiting for SmashStack PAL
frown.gif
Yeah, saying you don't like it for games stopped working a good few years ago. I used to do it when I was about 13, buy em from eb, take it back upto 14 days later saying my pc wouldn't play em meanwhile its been copied.

But then burners got popular, and now any media is pretty much not returnable as you could have copied it in minutes.

But also, again, from what I said, nintendo have done their best to eliminate this game from their library. You won't find a new copy for sale anywhere.
And Yu-gi-oh is pretty much the same story. Just checked ebay, there are now even some going on there for £100. Mental!

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Porobu said:
FireGrey said:
smile.gif
what is MMM?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
Porobu said:
FireGrey said:
smile.gif
what is MMM?
Multi-Mod-Manager

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Porobu said:
FireGrey said:
Porobu said:
FireGrey said:
smile.gif
what is MMM?
Multi-Mod-Manager
Ok downloaded it.
Really hope it works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun