Homebrew Help in general for DS emulators

Cam275

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I got my TTDS working, and now I suddenly have the urge to play some SNES games. Of course, the emulator on my computer just won't cut it, even with a PS3 controller. The obvious solution would be on my DS.
One problem:
I have no Idea how any of this stuff works!
I'm aware the "emulators" just convert the ROMS to a .nds file, (don't they?) But that's the problem- I'm on an OS X computer, and can't run Windows programs. (Well, I do have Crossover, but it's pretty awful and most things don't work.)

Any help would be well appreciated.

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
Google SnEmulDS v0.6 WIP 2 or just SnEmulDS.

SnEmulDS needs to be in the root of your card and the ROM's (No need for .nds conversion.) need to be put in a folder called SNES, nothing else.

No. Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Kart, Starfox, and Kirby Super Star do not work... until Archiede says so.

Cam275

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mr.Mister said:
Google SnEmulDS v0.6 WIP 2 or just SnEmulDS.

SnEmulDS needs to be in the root of your card and the ROM's (No need for .nds conversion.) need to be put in a folder called SNES, nothing else.

No. Super Mario RPG, Super Mario Kart, Starfox, and Kirby Super Star do not work... until Archiede says so.

Thank you very much. I'll try that out right now (none oof those games are on my wanted list, except SMRPG, so it's OK.)
If I knew how to use the rep system on this site, (if there is one) I'd totally give you some. :P

EDIT: Ugh, no TTDS version.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry about getting a specific version. The TTDS automatically patches with DLDI so it will work no matter which one you choose.

The "conversion" process you're referring to only applies for SNES DS and SnezziDS, and even then it's more a matter of "stick the rom files onto the end of the emulator core" rather than converting anything.

Cam275

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every time I click on one it comes up as a text file. This comes up for a ton of DS stuff, am I missing something, or what?
EDIT: Nevermind, I found it right here on the site. Good ol' GBAtemp.

Cam275

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ughhh.
Ok, another question.
I set it all up, it works, blah blah blah.
Except one thing- It doesn't show any ROMS. They're all in a folder called SNES on the root directory of my card.

HALP PLOXXX

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
SnEmulDS in the root of your card, right?
And the ROMs are in a folder called SNES, right?

If yes to both, then it should have no problems...

Otherwise you might've missed a small detail or two.
Make sure the ROMs are unarchived and have .smc as the file extension.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-