Hacking help@ i bricked my wii

itamar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i dont really have allot of knowledge about these stuff...

i go my wii from a friend and apperently it was hacked with homebrew.

when i first started the wii isaw that i can upgrade my version... so inoocently i did...

but when i clicked on upgrade it the we restarted and now i have black screen with options...
i think it called preloader...

i can go back to my system menu "error aoutoboting file"

i cant open HBC ""error outobooting hbc, maybe tiiteled not installed..."

i dont know what to do.... please help me to save my wii!

\\\\ios \v70
PRELOADER V0.29
SYSTEMMENU V482
this is the data i see on my screen and some options like load\install file

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Before anybody tells you to foolishly reinstall the System Menu, don't - this would remove PriiLoader, your last line of defense, from NAND and render your Wii almost completely unfixable. You may not have the option to boot Homebrew Channel for whatever reason, but you should still be able to launch some applications using the Load/Install File option. Get yourself a copy of SysCheck and put it on your SD card, then launch it and report the results. Don't touch any IOS'es before you post a system check report.

As long as you have PriiLoader, there's hope. Once you lose PriiLoader, all hope is lost. Don't touch the System Menu before you're absolutely sure that it's fine.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Before anybody tells you to foolishly reinstall the System Menu, don't - this would remove PriiLoader, your last line of defense, from NAND and render your Wii almost completely unfixable. You may not have the option to boot Homebrew Channel for whatever reason, but you should still be able to launch some applications using the Load/Install File option. Get yourself a copy of SysCheck and put it on your SD card, then launch it and report the results. Don't touch any IOS'es before you post a system check report.

As long as you have PriiLoader, there's hope. Once you lose PriiLoader, all hope is lost. Don't touch the System Menu before you're absolutely sure that it's fine.

Shouldn't he just download the Hackmii installed and WiiXplorer, boot WiiXplorer and then boot Hackmii and reinstall the Homebrew Channel before hand?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Shouldn't he just download the Hackmii installed and WiiXplorer, boot WiiXplorer and then boot Hackmii and reinstall the Homebrew Channel before hand?
Either way is fine as long as he doesn't touch the System Menu, either way gives you a method to boot stuff, the rest is a matter of convenience.

itamar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland

wow guys you are awsome so fast reply,!!

can you guys explain me how to do that?

itamar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
bro right now i dont have an sd card... but tommorow im goin to buy one!! all stores here are closed right now:\(i got the wii without an SD card in it)

so i cant load any files at the moment...

(btw i cant manage to download it from the site you gave me)
can you tell me what to do after run the sysheck hd?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
bro right now i dont have an sd card... but tommorow im goin to buy one!! all stores here are closed right now:\(i got the wii without an SD card in it)

so i cant load any files at the moment...

(btw i cant manage to download it from the site you gave me)
can you tell me what to do after run the sysheck hd?

Post the results here afterwards so we can know which IOSes were harmed and which weren't, also without an SD card you won't be able to do anything so might as well keep your hands off the Wii to avoid even more damage until you get yourself an SD card (tip try getting one of 2GB)

Reactions: Itamarnahum

itamar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
..it dosent work bro...

when i click download:

"<?xml version="1.0"?>

<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
<updated>2014-07-06T17:53:00Z</updated>
<id>http://code.google.com/feeds/p/syscheck-hd/downloads/basic</id>
<title>Downloads for project syscheck-hd on Google Code</title>
<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml;type=feed" href="http://code.google.com/feeds/p/syscheck-hd/downloads/basic"/>
<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="http://code.google.com/p/syscheck-hd/downloads/list"/>

</feed>"

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
..it dosent work bro...

when i click download:

"<?xml version="1.0"?>

<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom">
<updated>2014-07-06T17:53:00Z</updated>
<id>http://code.google.com/feeds/p/syscheck-hd/downloads/basic</id>
<title>Downloads for project syscheck-hd on Google Code</title>
<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml;type=feed" href="http://code.google.com/feeds/p/syscheck-hd/downloads/basic"/>
<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="http://code.google.com/p/syscheck-hd/downloads/list"/>

</feed>"

Try this one

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
We'll be eagerly waiting for further developments - we can't really help you in any way unless you have an SD card to load stuff from. Don't worry, your Wii is probably fully salvagable. ;)

Reactions: Yepi69

Itamarnahum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
hey!! its me!! i forgot the username and pass XDDDDD and im using other computer...
ok i got 2gb sd card and i runed a sys check i will copy it to here:

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can see where the problem remains, your Wii was a Korean Wii and you (or your friend) changed the region of the Wii to europe, changing a region of a Wii is indeed dangerous, you updated the Wii which means it downloaded the european update to a Korean Wii making even more damage than it already had.

Now its up to you if you want to continue to use that european region or want to change back to Korean

Also before anything, download the hackmii installer and copy it to your apps folder, then try running from the same way you ran syscheck and install homebrew channel and bootmii as boot2 (if possible)

Itamarnahum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
look when i upload the hackmii-
i can see homebrew channel: can be installed

Bootmii: can only bee installed as an IOS

when i installing the homebrew then i press" exit"

the homebrew channel goes up but i dont see anything in it its like blue screen with bubbls
0_0

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
look when i upload the hackmii-
i can see homebrew channel: can be installed

Bootmii: can only bee installed as an IOS

when i installing the homebrew then i press" exit"

the homebrew channel goes up but i dont see anything in it its like blue screen with bubbls
0_0
This means that the Homebrew Channel hasn't detected any applications in the Apps folder - this is supposed to happen. You're in the channel, so all is well.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This means that the Homebrew Channel hasn't detected any applications in the Apps folder - this is supposed to happen. You're in the channel, so all is well.

Not really, its still unknown what happens if he installed a korean system menu, seeing he changed his Wii to european (which means the update might've installed a european system menu and corrupted his system menu)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro