Hacking help@ i bricked my wii

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
ok i downloaded now what? should i run it? if yes how? using the MMMs WAD manager?
After you run the ModMii Wizard and set it to download everything and create a guide for installing 4.1, you should have a ready-made guide of what to do. You'll obviously have to skip/alter some parts as you don't really need to completely re-softmod your Wii, but most of the installation order remains intact. Do wait for Joostin for confirmation though, I haven't really dabbled with Korean Wii's much.

Reactions: Itamarnahum

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
im so fustrated
Nobody said it's going to be easy. :P

EDIT: It's fair to assume that Joostin's either busy or offline at this point (damn you, timezones!) and I don't feel a 100% confident to advise you Itamarnahum. Technically you have a NAND backup, so worst-case scenario you can revert the Wii to the state it is in now via Infectus flashing or BootMii (if you're lucky and PriiLoader/Preloader is still there), so you have two options: either you'll start updating the Wii according to the generated instructions, starting from the IOS installation point (you can skip LetterBomb or whatever exploit method the guide mentions - your Wii is already exploited) via whatever WAD manager it recommends *or* you can keep your Wii running until tomorrow when Joostin relogs and can take you through this step-by-step. The choice is yours, I don't want to be held accountable for any resulting full bricks. ;)

Reactions: JoostinOnline

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I went to eat dinner. Anyway, you will eventually be doing a complete resoftmod, but first we need to install the new System Menu. Put the 4.1E System Menu wad you downloaded (Enter ModMii Classic Mode, type "I Agree", Enter, "1", Enter, "4.1E", Enter, "D", Enter, and you should be able to figure it out from there) in SD:\wad\.

Next load MMM on your Wii, go to the last option on the menu, and change the IOS to 236. Enter Wad Manager (back at the main menu) and install the 4.1E wad. Tell me if it was a success. DO NOT TURN OFF YOUR WII.

Reactions: Foxi4

megazero1x1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I know I have no place here as I have no expertise on Wii at all but I just want to thank everyone here helping this guy out. It just keeps reminding me what a great community this is. And it is just assuring to know that If I ever mess up anything, GBATemp is there to help people out.

Just thank you all !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end