ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, hear me out.

I'm currently working on a (very early) fan translation project of the awesome but creepy rhythm game Daigasso! Band Brothers P. (If you're interested, you can follow our progress here.)

I'm currently attempting to mess with the game's update. A big part of this game is its online functionality, which depends on the update being installed on the system. Problem is, when I go to install my update which has my custom files, BBM thinks it's an 'Application' instead of an update, and throws a 'Program already exists' error when I go to install. The game itself works fine with the same modifications applied.

Wat do? I've tried merging the update's romfs on top of the game's romfs and installing, which just results in a title screen crash. I'm unsure of where to go from here, and I'd appreciate your help.

(If I'm unclear, I'm sorry. It's been a long week.)

My cia rebuilding process is as follows
Edit files within an extracted romfs folder to my liking
When I'm done, use 3DSB within asia81's hack pack to compress everything into a .3ds
Use Simple CIA Converter on that .3ds, and install

Koko-Kun

A Guppy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, hear me out.

I'm currently working on a (very early) fan translation project of the awesome but creepy rhythm game Daigasso! Band Brothers P. (If you're interested, you can follow our progress here.)

I'm currently attempting to mess with the game's update. A big part of this game is its online functionality, which depends on the update being installed on the system. Problem is, when I go to install my update which has my custom files, BBM thinks it's an 'Application' instead of an update, and throws a 'Program already exists' error when I go to install. The game itself works fine with the same modifications applied.

Wat do? I've tried merging the update's romfs on top of the game's romfs and installing, which just results in a title screen crash. I'm unsure of where to go from here, and I'd appreciate your help.

(If I'm unclear, I'm sorry. It's been a long week.)

My cia rebuilding process is as follows
Edit files within an extracted romfs folder to my liking
When I'm done, use 3DSB within asia81's hack pack to compress everything into a .3ds
Use Simple CIA Converter on that .3ds, and install
How did you rebuild your update? You need to rebuild with the rsf having Category as "Patch"

Last edited by Koko-Kun,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
3DS Builder break patch (since patch can't be .3ds files)

Extract your CIA (CIAE)
Edit your fles
Rebuild the update (CIAR)

No need to play with rsf files.
Don't forget you can't build an update from nothing, you need to use 1 as a base (so if the game has an updae, you need to use it as a base).

ultramario1998

no woof tipsic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3DS Builder break patch (since patch can't be .3ds files)

Extract your CIA (CIAE)
Edit your fles
Rebuild the update (CIAR)

No need to play with rsf files.
Don't forget you can't build an update from nothing, you need to use 1 as a base (so if the game has an updae, you need to use it as a base).
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.