Help getting NEWNUSgrabber GUI to work

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by 7Robins, Jul 20, 2016.

1. 7Robins
    OP

7Robins Bob is watching you.

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    I have Visual C++ x86 installed like instructed, but when I hit Download on a game update, an error comes up saying something about a bad image, and then another window says "There was an unknown problem while updating."

I've no clue what it could be, can anyone help me out a bit?

2. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Did you update the title list first?

3. 7Robins
    OP

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    I did indeed but it seemed to still give the error.

4. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    What's the current best way to download game updates on a computer? I heard one of them got debunked from the servers not cooperating or something like that. What do we use now?

5. BIFFTAZ

BIFFTAZ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2010
    I had a fix with that program & worked 100%. I deleted it & downloaded JNUSTool & used that instead... Never looked back. Newnusgrabber's thread is plastered with people having the same problem above + much more. Iv actually had it working great on one PC, Gone to another & it will not work at all & none of the fixes will work... Its so broke it think's a Windows based PC running Win10 is Linux based PC using Wine to run Windows application... It really needs to be burned with fire that program & started from scratch if the creator gives a crap..

Sorry about the rant... Had some headache's with that crap...

6. 7Robins
    OP

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Tennessee
    Looks like JNUSTool works better, I'll try that. I was able to download an update for one specific game using UWizard, so I might try and update the game list on that since it worked well.