Hacking [Help] Gateway Installer (Deep Labyrinth) Error

ExoMemphiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello guys,

I have been trying to get my new Gateway to work for the last 3 hours, but to no avail.

I have scoured the web for different solutions to this and tried and tested so much stuff..

I have copied the Blue Cards' data over, and made sure it's from 2.6 Omega (Although I tried the same process with 2.5) and made sure the Launcher.dat was in the 4GB SD Card that came with the actual 3DS. (Yes, the 3DS' version is 4.5.0-10E, and no Miiverse is visible on the top bar of the bottom screen. The game (Deep Labyrinth) shows up fine, I click it, and wait ~3-5 seconds, then a black screen pops up, the bottom screen (black background, white writing) saying:

"An error has ocurred.
Press and hold the POWER button to turn the system off.
Please refer to the Operations Manual for details."

I have tried to search for solutions for nearly 2 hours... I am using 32GB kingston SD's, since that's the only ones I have on me currently. Is it too big?
Also, some are class 4 and some are class 10, so they should be fast enough.

I read that you can possibly update with another R4 card, but no specific directions as to how to, in the small 2 minutes I used to search for this. (I own a R4i RTS 3DS card, too).

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

ExoMemphiz

clienthax

Trophies
XP
Country
did you copy the files onto the blue card? (the blue card folder contents)

also if you have another flashcard kicking about just copy the gw_installer.nds onto it and run

ExoMemphiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did you copy the files onto the blue card? (the blue card folder contents)

also if you have another flashcard kicking about just copy the gw_installer.nds onto it and run

It's very nice of you to offer your help, but reading the thread would be greatly appreciated, too.

(I have copied the Blue Cards' data over, and made sure it's from 2.6 Omega)

I watched 3 different tutorials, also made sure the Blue Card isn't fake by comparing it to fake pictures.

clienthax

Trophies
XP
Country
It's very nice of you to offer your help, but reading the thread would be greatly appreciated, too.

(I have copied the Blue Cards' data over, and made sure it's from 2.6 Omega)

I watched 3 different tutorials, also made sure the Blue Card isn't fake by comparing it to fake pictures.
have you tryed the .nds with another flashcard?

ExoMemphiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have you tryed the .nds with another flashcard?

I read that you can possibly update with another R4 card, but no specific directions as to how to, in the small 2 minutes I used to search for this. (I own a R4i RTS 3DS card, too).

I don't actually know how this will work, when I tried it with my R4i RTS 3DS card it couldn't boot, obviously, do I place the stuff inside a folder after it has booted into its menu?

clienthax

Trophies
XP
Country

I don't actually know how this will work, when I tried it with my R4i RTS 3DS card it couldn't boot, obviously, do I place the stuff inside a folder after it has booted into its menu?
try reading what i put.

ExoMemphiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Getting rarther fed up with your attitude, try reading what i put.

Yeah, sorry about that, you edited your post after I posted, but the 2 questions you asked me were explicitly explained in the thread, which is why I took the time to write it as descriptively as possible, to avoid questions such as those, but I didn't know it was just copying it over, thank you very much, extremely much appreciated.

clienthax

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, sorry about that, you edited your post after I posted, but the 2 questions you asked me were explicitly explained in the thread, which is why I took the time to write it as descriptively as possible, to avoid questions such as those, but I didn't know it was just copying it over, thank you very much, extremely much appreciated.
ok so, have you tryed copying the .nds to your other flashcard and attempting to install?

superspence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I believe you just need to put the .nds on your R4i card and run it like you would a normal DS rom. The other stuff in the blue card folder is just the cards OS, I believe.

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ignore clienthax, he's just grumpy.

If the R4i RTS works in the 3DS, do as he said and just copy the GW_INSTALLER.NDS over to it like you would with any NDS rom, then run it.

ExoMemphiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, the flashcard (R4i) booted up, and I started the .nds, now it's stuck on 1 * out of like 10, and I am afraid of turning it off, as I don't want to brick the console, but the videos I watched it happened within like 10-15 seconds, it's been stuck there for a good 2 mintues at least....

EDIT: Oh, and btw. thanks for the help so far guys, you are fantastic!

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Okay, the flashcard (R4i) booted up, and I started the .nds, now it's stuck on 1 * out of like 10, and I am afraid of turning it off, as I don't want to brick the console, but the videos I watched it happened within like 10-15 seconds, it's been stuck there for a good 2 mintues at least....

It's fine to reboot it if it's stuck. Just reboot and try again.

Reactions: ExoMemphiz

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
you cant use anything higher than 8gb with the blue card dude, i had the same issue just buy a 2gb mincro sd and it'l be enough to install the exploit :)

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
i tired a 16gb and got the same error, might depend on the memory cards themselves.

i have had 0 issues using 2gb, 4gb and 8gb micro sd cards

ExoMemphiz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
One last question: Do I need to use the Gateway installer again at some point? (Such as if I power off my device, and on again), or do I just need to run the exploit (DS -> Profile)?

superspence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One last question: Do I need to use the Gateway installer again at some point? (Such as if I power off my device, and on again), or do I just need to run the exploit (DS -> Profile)?

You only need to do the DS exploit if you play a DS game or format your system, I believe. You don't have to redo it if you turn it off.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

EDIT: Oh, and btw. thanks for the help so far guys, you are fantastic!
When it gets stuck, close and open the 3DS again. I hear that unsticks it. Haven't tried it myself as I switched to ROP Multi-loader.
Alternatively you could use the ROP Multi-loader that supposedly doesn't have that issue.
You'll only need to reinstall if you play a DS or DSiWare game.

http://filetrip.net/3ds-downloads/homebrew/download-ropmultiloader-1-1-f32981.html just in case you need it. There was a link for a 1.2 version but it's removed from FileTrip...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1