Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Big sis just gave me her 8GB SD Card, just to see if I can fix it.
So, I plug in the SD, and it appears for a brief and mere second as a white paper icon with "SD something" and then it disappears.

Now, when using CMD (yes, I'm on Windows) and looking at CMD -> Diskpart -> List Disk it appears this:
Captura de pantalla (4).png

Now, before I execute the FORMAT command... I want to be sure that DISK 1 is the SD and not my RECOVERY disk partition.
Is there any way to see if Disk 1 is the SD?

I'm thinking about, taking out the SD and running CMD again, with all these commands and, if DISK 1 isn't there, then that must mean that it DOES IS the SD... no?

I've took out the SD and now this appears:
Captura de pantalla (5).png

What do you think? Am I right? I wouldn't like to be formatting my entire Hard Drive by accident.

I've inserted the SD card again, used the RESCAN command, then LIST DISK and it does appears to be Disk 1.

Uh... but I've noticed that it is listed as 0GB... is there a way to fix this?

Last edited by Gizametalman,

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could just install mini tool partition wizard. Does the same stuff, plus you'll know what you're choosing

Reactions: Pleng

Gizametalman

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh jeeeeeezz, please no change to this OS replies.
I understand Windows in a decent level.
And just so you know, the SD is dead as fuck. It decomposed my SD Adapter. It no longer works.

I already thrown away that 8GB SD.

Thanks anyway. I would have in mind your suggestions.
/s

LineoftheDead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for future reference, "list volume" will show "removable" under the "type" column(at least 99% of the time at least, you might have a rare "fixed" attribute (I need one of these)). you would simply type "select volume #", then "list disk" and look for the * to 100% know what disk # would be the SD card. after selecting the disk that you verified was the SD card you would then issue the "clean" command. then use your favorite method to restructure the FS.... I personally use Disk Management

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse