GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't find another post on this, so here goes...

I've been trying to find an EZFlash 3-in-1 off and on over the past couple of years to go with my AceKard 3i on an original DS, but every site I've visited has stated that it's either not in stock or it's a deleted product. With that being said, is this an outdated option, or is this just so good that they were bought up and sold out? If this is an outdated option, then where do I go looking next? If not, then where can I go to find one of these? Even ebay doesn't have users selling this item.

I appreciate any feedback on this issue, as I'm finally buckling down and resolving this battle once and for all.

Last edited by FoxMcloud5655, , Reason: Bolded ORIGINAL

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah see. You want the gba shape one. I know for a sure 100% they used to have them. If your that desperate maybe send an email asking if they've any old stock. You never know they may have dropped advertising it to shift more of the ez-flash 4.

Last edited by Columbo2811,

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Ah see. You want the gba shape one. I know for a sure 100% they used to have them. If your that desperate maybe send an email asking if they've any old stock. You never know they may have dropped advertising it to shift more of the ez-flash 4.
Hmm... I never thought about that. Thanks for the info... I'll shoot them an e-mail, and if they don't have it, then I'm going to resume my search again. I know that GBATemp has a trading community, so once I have access, I'll look around there too, although I'm sure that most people who have them don't want to sell them :) They are (apparently) that good.

D

Deleted-355425

Hmm... I never thought about that. Thanks for the info... I'll shoot them an e-mail, and if they don't have it, then I'm going to resume my search again. I know that GBATemp has a trading community, so once I have access, I'll look around there too, although I'm sure that most people who have them don't want to sell them :) They are (apparently) that good.

If you find one, let me know... I'm also looking for one too!

Reactions: FoxMcloud5655

sieroi

Trophies
XP
Country
At this point, you might be better off either just getting hold of a DS Lite or going for an EZ-Flash IV.

Lites are extremely cheap nowadays- you wouldn't exactly struggle to find one.

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
At this point, you might be better off either just getting hold of a DS Lite or going for an EZ-Flash IV.

Lites are extremely cheap nowadays- you wouldn't exactly struggle to find one.
But I HATE the layout of the Lite: the buttons feel wrong, the case is flimsy (breaks easily, as my brother soon found out), and it's not curvy enough to fit the hand well. You are right, though... they are pretty common for the Lite...

sieroi

Trophies
XP
Country
But I HATE the layout of the Lite: the buttons feel wrong, the case is flimsy (breaks easily, as my brother soon found out), and it's not curvy enough to fit the hand well. You are right, though... they are pretty common for the Lite...
I know what you mean- I felt similarly when I tried the Lite for the first time.

The thing is, you stop caring after the first few hours. Going back to the original DS and losing out on the better screen feels like jumping back a full generation- it's really just that much better.

Still, I wish the Lite had the same buttons as the original system. It does feel a bit small at times.

You could always try just going for a 3DS and setting it up to run homebrew, worst case - it can run GBA titles natively, with a little work.

gbeaytempur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of a bump, but these things are damn hard to come by & I wanted to share my scavenger hunt story. I tried eBay first & a seller was auctioning an Acekard 2i & in a separate auction was offering an EZ Flash 3 in 1. I PM'd him and asked him to take down the listings & just sell to me for a clean $50 & he agreed. Unfortunately it never arrived (happens with international shipping, I guess) and luckily he wasn't scammy and he gave me a full refund so now I was feeling lucky just to have my money back and was just about ready to give up on this pipe dream until I noticed an eBay Buy it Now listing for an Acekard 2i + 16gb SD card at $20. I picked it up and then after more and more Googling I found an EZ Flash 3 in 1 on a reasonably reliable site called Aliexpress (think, Chinese Amazon) for under $30 w/ shipping. They don't accept PayPal, which was a bummer, but that's because they're trying to build up their own Paypal competitor. The listing let me pick which color I wanted but mentioned that it would only come with the cart itself & no packaging. Well, I just got it today and it did in fact come with the original packaging (albeit a bit battle-worn from it's trip across the world) with a "B" written in sharpie on the front of the box & a black 3 in 1 inside just like I'd specified! I put the latest AKAIO firmware on my SD card plugged the carts into my black DS Lite that's been collecting dust & loaded up the 3 in 1 sRAM/NOR test programs that you can find here on GBA Temp & to my surprise 3 in 1 battery is still working & had 0 errors in the tests. It took some time, but if you're thinking about going down this road with your old DS Lite & have $50 to burn, I definitely recommend it. However, if you're just starting out & have no hardware you would probably be better served with just picking up a 'New 3DS' instead unless non-emulated GBA implementation is *that* important to you. Good luck!

D

Deleted-355425

A bit of a bump, but these things are damn hard to come by & I wanted to share my scavenger hunt story. I tried eBay first & a seller was auctioning an Acekard 2i & in a separate auction was offering an EZ Flash 3 in 1. I PM'd him and asked him to take down the listings & just sell to me for a clean $50 & he agreed. Unfortunately it never arrived (happens with international shipping, I guess) and luckily he wasn't scammy and he gave me a full refund so now I was feeling lucky just to have my money back and was just about ready to give up on this pipe dream until I noticed an eBay Buy it Now listing for an Acekard 2i + 16gb SD card at $20. I picked it up and then after more and more Googling I found an EZ Flash 3 in 1 on a reasonably reliable site called Aliexpress (think, Chinese Amazon) for under $30 w/ shipping. They don't accept PayPal, which was a bummer, but that's because they're trying to build up their own Paypal competitor. The listing let me pick which color I wanted but mentioned that it would only come with the cart itself & no packaging. Well, I just got it today and it did in fact come with the original packaging (albeit a bit battle-worn from it's trip across the world) with a "B" written in sharpie on the front of the box & a black 3 in 1 inside just like I'd specified! I put the latest AKAIO firmware on my SD card plugged the carts into my black DS Lite that's been collecting dust & loaded up the 3 in 1 sRAM/NOR test programs that you can find here on GBA Temp & to my surprise 3 in 1 battery is still working & had 0 errors in the tests. It took some time, but if you're thinking about going down this road with your old DS Lite & have $50 to burn, I definitely recommend it. However, if you're just starting out & have no hardware you would probably be better served with just picking up a 'New 3DS' instead unless non-emulated GBA implementation is *that* important to you. Good luck!

Got a link?

FoxMcloud5655

GBATemp Developer
OP
Trophies
Website
foxmcloud.net
XP
Country
United States
Would be great, except for the fact that this is an EZ Flash V... Which I could already have gotten. I don't have a DS Lite... I have an original DS. You know, with the GBA cartridge NOT sticking out of the bottom. *sigh* I'm glad you found what you were looking for, though!

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Would be great, except for the fact that this is an EZ Flash V... Which I could already have gotten. I don't have a DS Lite... I have an original DS. You know, with the GBA cartridge NOT sticking out of the bottom. *sigh* I'm glad you found what you were looking for, though!
It's an EZ-Flash 3in1 expansion pack. It was ment to be sold with the EZ-Flash V which is a Slot-1 flashcard.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Works great with my Acekard 2i :) I believe that the company open-sourced their 3 in 1 code when they launched it to make it more compatible with different cards.
Yeah, they made it open source and it became the #1 when it comes to expansion packs. But that's the reason why their sticker says "EZ-Flash V".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How much did a 1965 color TV cost? For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in...