Hacking help "error open xmenu.dat error!"

ziggi monster

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Please help. Apologises if i am posting this in wrong place. i just purchased a ds with 34 games on n card on ebay. i have never used this before so step by step dummy instrctions are needed.
I have connected ds to pc, copied games from cd rom onto e drive in usb mode. however when i try to plt games i get xmenu dt error.
what have i done wrong or what do i need to do?
should i have card and cartridge entered when trying to playgames?
PLZ PLZ help

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Firmware are you running? There is a file called "xmenu.dat" that you seem to be missing and we need to know your firmware version to get the right one.
You probably have version 1.45. Go to gbatemps download section and find the 1.45 upgrade file. Paste ONLY the xmenu.dat to your card. Then, report back.

jo1969

Trophies
XP
Country
I have had this message too but i don't understand how to fix it ..can someone help .. I really do need an idiots guide!

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you the one that PM'd me?
I need to know if you have a GBA slot card with a mini usb port on the end.
You said you purchased a multigame cart, but I need to know more.

superfajeo

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys.. i was wondering if the problem with these Ncards and the xmenu dat error would be the same as the DS Fire Link? it has the same error display ... and im sorry if im posting in the wrong place im just in a rush. thanks in advance.

and if it is.. could you direct me to the 1.45 upgrade file? im a noobie.

thanks again

ShadoWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No matter what i do, it always comes up with "Error: Open xmenu.dat error!" i've formatted it fully once, quick-formatted several times n put in xmenu.dat, but its not working! Can someone please help me, i got a DS Fire Link with the cable and GBA-slot link with the port for the cable.

slongings

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,
I've been having the same problem. I purchased a DS Fire card and it worked great for a lil bit, then lost some data, and then it skipped the menu altogether. I reformatted and got he "Error: Open xmenu.dat error!". I've downloaded the latest firmwear but I can't get it to start in the menu, so I don't know how to transfer the firmwear. I tried the L + R + A + B, it says "Loading menu..." but then it just goes back to the error screen.
frown.gif

I have the Fire card, the Firelink card, and the usb cable... my problem is I can't get my computer to see the ds as an external anymore without that "usb" or "menu" screen.
Can someone please help me?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... It doesn't come up with the USN Mode/Menu screen, even with the cable pugged in? Make sure it's plugged in on both ends and try again; the USB/Menu screen should be independant of both the FW and xmenu.dat files.

slongings

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FireEmblemGuy said:
Hmm... It doesn't come up with the USN Mode/Menu screen, even with the cable pugged in? Make sure it's plugged in on both ends and try again; the USB/Menu screen should be independant of both the FW and xmenu.dat files.

I wish it was just as simple as the cable being unplugged... unfortunately its not. :-( Any other suggestions?

leinad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you disable auto-boot of a device, (In the options of the DS Firmware~)
and then start your DS with Slot1&2 module inserted, does it show you, that The F-Card is inserted in Slot 1 and an options-module (or how its called...) in slot 2 ?
(So, are the cards being detected by the DS.....?)

Maybe try to clean the contacts...

rrayan8

Trophies
XP
Country
hello guys

im kinda new here

i purchased UNC (ultra N-Card) and it was working well. unfortunately it was infected with virus and all the files were corrupted..So i downloaded their latest firmware (unc_123o_english) and copied the DSYSTEM and udisk folder. But i' also getting the same error (Open xmenu.dat error).

Guys, pls help me..I can't find where to get the xmenu.dat file.

pls direct me to xmenu.dat file download

THANKS

rrayan8

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks FireEmblemGuy. i got the xmenu.dat file now but i encountered another error. DATA IS NOT ALIGN 16K!

im getting frustrated with this 8Gbit UNC ULTRA N-card.

HELP!!!

quartercast

Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
If you've tried low-level formatting and re-flashing the firmware Id have to say: sorry, your card is f*cked. Ultra UNC are probably one of the worst quality clones I've come across.

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, no. That's probably my fault. Try either the latest N-Card FW(reccomended, it works on the UNC) or the Xmenu.dat for your firmware(don't reccomend this, latest firmware always seems to help).

The latest N-Card FW: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=825
Don't use the Xmenu with that, use the one from my last post.

the_nanny_uk2

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been avidly reading all the posts ALL day, have dowloaded the menu.dat file (several times) I've Full Formatted the DS Firecard, reloaded everything and it is STILL showing Error:Open xmenu.dat error!

What am I doing wrong???????????????? I'm folowing everything you say to the 'T' but the darn thing wont work. It worked perfectly ok until I went to put another game onto it, then it all went Awol!

Sometimes it wont show being connected to pc but if you try each usb slot and wiggle the conector lead it does see it eventually.

Please someone, help me make it work. I have a 9yr old thats desperate for his DS and driving me nuts.

JO x

FireEmblemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming you did put the Xmenu on the root of your card, if you followed all the instructions carefully, but check just to be sure. I'm also assuming you put the Xmenu.dat on AFTER formatting, but that's kinda duh.

It seems like your USB cable might be faulty. If so, it's possible, though not likely, that the files aren't being transferred fully or properly. Maybe a different cable will help, but I can't guarantee it.

Last but not least, make sure your firmware is up to date, and that the Xmenu.dat file matches the firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.