Spork Schivago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I have a backed up version of our real SysNAND, version 4.2.something. I also have a version of 8.something. Anyway, the 3DS (old school one) accidently got updated to the latest earlier today. I found a thread on how to downgrade via a hardware mod, but it's a bit hard to follow.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-flash-dump-3ds.353263/

Can someone point me towards a better tutorial or perhaps just tell me the process to mod the 3DS so I can use the backed up NAND.bin? What hardware do I need to buy, if anything? Also, it's not an XL. Just a normal 3DS, copyright 2011. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Spork Schivago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I can clarify where I'm having trouble following the tutorial. With the original older 3DS that I have, I'm going to first make the adapter using a MicroSD to SD adapter. I've disassembled one and have the pins exposed.

Do I just need to solder four of the pins? DAT0, GND, CLK and CMD or do I need to solder all of them, DAT0, DAT1, DAT2, CD/DAT3, CMD, VDD, CLK and GND? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Spork Schivago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update, I believe I found what I needed from Milerwan's signature. https://gbatemp.net/threads/micro-usb-or-micro-sd-mod-on-normal-3ds.363454/#post-4945027

It seems to answer all my questions. It appears Milerwan is using a MicroUSB port, I think I'm going to use a micro 1.25mm T-1 4-Pin JST connector and then for the cable I'm making, I'll just try to find one in an old desktop. You know the cables, the ones that used to be connected to CD-ROM drives so you could extract music from your CDs I believe.

Reactions: dontay0100

Spork Schivago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided to actually go with the mini USB connection. I've successfully made the mini USB cable to SD card device. Tomorrow, I'll try attaching the mini USB port to the 3DS. Once I've successfully soldered all the connections, how do I go about transferring the backuped up NAND to the 3DS? Do I just put the SD card into the laptop and it'll pop up like a flash drive and I can just read the old one off or copy the new one on? Do I need to use something like dd to write a raw image? Any suggestions there? Thanks.

Spork Schivago

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, I sure can! How does something like, "Need help hard modding an original Nintendo 3DS sound? Also, how do I go about changing the name of the thread? I click on Thread Tools and I only have an option to add a poll. Thanks for letting me know about this, I really appreciate it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo