OP
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Source Wiibrew.org

[EDIT] Seems a more informative thread is here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=145505&st=0
So go there to have your questions answered!

I have done some resteps, making it easier to understand
biggrin.gif

Several ppl already tested (myself included), it will not brick your wii, it just generates a "report.txt" that you have to mail back to comex
(My Wii is 4.0E)

QUOTE said:
If anyone wants to help out do this-- any menu version, HBC already installed, gecko not required:

1. Temporarily rename the private folder on SD to something else, if you have one.
2. Download this file and unzip it, place the new "private" folder on the root of your SD.
3. Download this file also and rename it to "boot.dol" and place it in your apps folder (Example: \apps\runme\boot.dol)
3. go to the menu, data management (not SD menu if you're on 4.0)
4. go to channels, SD, ensure there is a channel with a blank banner titled "Ninja Gaiden" (Top left on the screen)
5. Hover over the Ninja Gaiden channel and return immediately to the menu using the "back" button (not the home button...)
6. Start HBC and run the program from step "3." (You will see some stuff scrolling on the screen) it will create a file "report.txt" on the root of your SD.
7. Email me a copy of it ([email protected])

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As my Wii had a heating issue, Nintendo sent me back a brand new Wii on 4.0, so I'm screwed until comex comes in and saves my skin. I'm grateful for the time he's putting in
smile.gif

jakehikky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i click on the first link and got this

So, I post in some IRC channels about report.txt and go on vacation-- check my email today-- and there are like 150 new mails in my inbox with reports.txt.
Uh, wow.

Thanks everyone, especially brakken and whoever reposted the request elsewhere, and including everyone who took the time to run the test for me.

You can take down the request now, I have enough
smile.gif

more info forthcoming.

Any idea when thta was changed over i.e which date it was posted when he said Today?

Looking forward to this as im 1 of the unfortunate ones who uypdated to 4.0 without installing hbc first
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.