Hacking Help - CiosCorp won't allow Bootmii

Rockmaniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Peeps...

Was wondering if anyone can help a n00b out...

I have
PAL Wii
Wanins 4.1 E Updated,
Preloader installed...

just recently installed cioscorp 3.3...was planning to install Bootmii after that -
but now Bootmii installer says I have no IOS's with any vulnerability wormholes ;p - so installer has to quit.

I know it used to work as I was planning to do it earlier and it said ok back then - but i didn't have the patience to let it install ;p*stupid me*

... My Wii is oooold - bought about a week after release of Wii here in Sweden...
so def no LU / LE..64+...

Is there anyway I can install bootmii on boot2...pref w-o removing / overwriting the entire cioscorp?

HELP?

Thanks
/Pete

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download an original ios36 from NUS downloader and install it with wad manager then run the bootmii installer again.

After you install bootmii you can install the cioscopr version of 10s36 back

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rockmaniac said:
Hey Peeps...

Was wondering if anyone can help a n00b out...

I have
PAL Wii
Wanins 4.1 E Updated,
Preloader installed...

just recently installed cioscorp 3.3...was planning to install Bootmii after that -
but now Bootmii installer says I have no IOS's with any vulnerability wormholes ;p - so installer has to quit.

I know it used to work as I was planning to do it earlier and it said ok back then - but i didn't have the patience to let it install ;p*stupid me*

... My Wii is oooold - bought about a week after release of Wii here in Sweden...
so def no LU / LE..64+...

Is there anyway I can install bootmii on boot2...pref w-o removing / overwriting the entire cioscorp?

HELP?

Thanks
/Pete

How can you not have the patience to let bootmii install, it takes like 2 seconds. You need to at least install a normal IOS36 v1042 I believe and then run it again.

And yes not installing bootmii before making the heaviest modification you can possibly make on your Wii when you had the chance to was pretty dumb. That would've also given you the easiest way to remove CIOSCORP since there isn't any really easy clean way to do so.

And since you mentioned it at all, never EVER remove CIOSCORP. If you delete/uninstall CIOSCORP wads you will basically kill everything on your Wii.

mrgarrison

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you only installed the cIOScorp package (IOS9-60) then wouldnt installing clean IOS's from NUSD completely remove corp? As your replacing the only things you installed? Just wondering...

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rule #1: Install Bootmii as boot2
Rule #2: Make a backup
Rule #3: Do whatever else.

To fix it install normal IOS files over the CIOSCORP versoins. DO NOT GO DELETING RANDOM IOS FILES. You will in all likelihood brick your Wii.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrgarrison said:
If you only installed the cIOScorp package (IOS9-60) then wouldnt installing clean IOS's from NUSD completely remove corp? As your replacing the only things you installed? Just wondering...

Yes, if you ONLY installed the IOS wad's alone from CIOSCORP, then you should be able to just run dop-IOS v7 and have it install the most recent IOS's of all of those IOS's you installed. The other stuff gets a bit more specific to what they are in order to remove them and aren't quite as easily accessible to return to normal.

markedmanner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I keep saying over and over again. Why do people feel the need for cioscorp? There is nothing people can do with this that I cant with my Usb loader Gx or neogamma. There has yet to be a game I cant play with these things. Including Call of Duty 3 etc... Which I simply patch to IOS 249 burn to disc and run with Neogamma. So what the need for Cioscorp? All I ever hear of it doing is reeking havoc!

Rockmaniac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nabster92 said:
How can you not have the patience to let bootmii install, it takes like 2 seconds. You need to at least install a normal IOS36 v1042 I believe and then run it again.

Back when I was planning on installing BootMii I was a total n00b - but now I know a bit more and better...

A normal IOS36 v1042 - I'm not really sure how that NUS Downloader works... - but is this what I'm looking for?:

IOS36-64-v1042.wad

- and after this - CAN I 100% install Bootmii..?

- and after installing Bootmii - can I reinstall cIOSCorp 3.3? - or will that break Bootmii?

*EDIT 1*

Tried NUS Downloader - but the w*d created wouldn't install + it had lots of mismatches... so tried the one i found online - and it worked a charm - now got Bootmii installed as boot2 + reinstalled cIOScorp 3.3 successfully...

*END EDIT 1*

2nd - I prefer cIOSCorp - due to that it lets me use Disc Channel Only. I don't want more channels like Neogamma or such -
i want it all through Disc Channel. And except for "Ghostbusters" (strap screen freeze), and a few hacked ISO's - everything has worked w-o any issues.

One last question - somewhat irrelevant to this subject - but yet of interest to me...

I got the "Sing It Star 90's" iso that was recently hacked by some spanish release group... - and it's 2.8 gb unpacked - Disc Channel won't play it...Neogamma R7 does - according to a friend of mine... - so does anyone know what IOS is used to play ISO's smaller than actual size (4.699... yadayada)..? Maybe could patch it w a REV14 DIP...

Still need an answer to that one...

Thanks again in advance for speedy answers...

/Pete

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.