Hacking help - can't get the wiiflow forwarder working

switchbladeHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started another thread, but my title was so off, I figured I try again....yes I'm a noob LOL

I have wiiflow working fine with HBC. Forwarder isn't playing ball.

I followed the instructions and dl the 2.2-RC-1-(No-Dol).zip file and the the wiiflow compiled zip file corresponding to the CIOS version I want to use. I put the files at the root of my SD card, per the instructions. I now have the following,

SD\apps\wiiflow\boot.dol
SD\apps\willflow\icon.png
SD\apps\willflow\meta.xml
SD\apps\wiiflow\wiiflow.ini

SD\willflow\..a bunch of stuff, themes, etc.

I've tried the 304-249 and 250 cIOS files. Willflow works fine via the HBC with either one of those. So far so good right....

I used the wad manager 1.7 and loaded the wiiflow forwarder file, actually tried a few different ones,

Using wad manager and selecting the corisponding cIOS file (249 or 250, etc), loads fine. The 3 different files I tried are:

-8-bit_Playground (WiiFlow - WBIT.wad)
-StarNight_NForwarder58-WSNF.wad
-Orchid Forwarder-WBJF.wad

If I understand correctly, any of those should work as they are just differnet backgrounds/themes.

Each time I tried 249 or 250 I had to replace the SD\apps\wiiflow\*.* files from the cIOS file, then I had to be sure to select the same cIOS when I installed via wad manager.

If I read the instructions correctly, so far so good. Still, after all of this, HBC runs willflow fine, key point.

In all cases bebove, the Wiiflow channel is added to the Wii home screen. With 249, I see the wiiflow channel and I could click on it, but not able to start it (no START button). With 250, I could see and start it, but it would try to load,then RESET on it's own and take me back to the wii home screen, never loading willflow.

I must be missing something really stupid here, because I have both the Configurable USB loader and USB Loader GX working fine in both HBC and on my wii channel screen. I just can't get the wiiflow channel forwarder to launch correctly. I have 2 of the 3 working, so wtf?

I just did my mod yesterday, so all sw should be the latest version. My wii is 4.3u. HBC working fine, etc.

Here is my syscheck log here

I have two questions,

1. what went wrong with the wiiflow forwarder?

2. Looking at my syscheck log, should I be concerned about anything?

Ok, I'm wide open for the firing squad. What stupid thing did I miss with this loader forwarder?

Thanks!
unsure.gif

switchbladeHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, not one person out there has any wiiflow forwarder issue like this with any advice, surprising...guess I'll just dump wiiflow and use the other two.
[/quote]

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
switchbladeHD said:
Each time I tried 249 or 250 I had to replace the SD\apps\wiiflow\*.* files from the cIOS file, then I had to be sure to select the same cIOS when I installed via wad manager.
This is wrong, you don't have to replace any files when using or installing a channel, just keep them how they were. Also, you can use any cIOS you want when installing any wad, it shouldn't make a difference, try installing the channel using IOS 236 and/or use multi-mod manager to install it.

Although none of that will probably make a difference, its worth a shot.

Also, how can the start button not be there? That doesn't make any sense.

switchbladeHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
switchbladeHD said:
This is wrong, you don't have to replace any files when using or installing a channel, just keep them how they were. Also, you can use any cIOS you want when installing any wad, it shouldn't make a difference, try installing the channel using IOS 236 and/or use multi-mod manager to install it.

Although none of that will probably make a difference, its worth a shot.

Also, how can the start button not be there? That doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for your reply and your help!

Ok, per the instructions, it does say to use the files with the cIOS, but I'll try leaving the files alone and see if that works. I'll also try 236.

LOL, I know, I was shocked to see I had no option to do anything re a Start menu missing. If it does that again, I'll take a screenshot.

Thanks again!

switchbladeHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, back and still not working.

I decided to start over with this app. I deleted the \sdroot\wiiflow and the \sdroot\apps\willflow directories and deleted the channel (which didn't work anyway. I then had no wiiflow at all.

I then downloaded the 2.2-RC-1-(No-Dol).zip file and put those files at the root of my sd card. Here is what I have (note there is no boot.dol file):

SD\apps\willflow\icon.png
SD\apps\willflow\meta.xml
SD\apps\wiiflow\wiiflow.ini

SD\willflow\..a bunch of stuff, themes, etc.

I used the wad manager 1.7 and loaded the wiiflow forwarder file "8-bit_Playground (WiiFlow - WBIT.wad", by selecting 249 from the menu. I tried 236, got a error and it wouldn't let me load anything. I also tried 222, and a couple of others. 249 works and allows me to select the wbit.wad file and load the channel.

That's it, didn't bother with any cios crap or replacing files.

The channel is there and I can select START. I see a wiiflow splash screen, then a black screen for about 5 to 10 seconds, then the wii reboots. WTF?

What did I miss here? Again, the other two loaders via channels work just fine. What is the deal with this pos?

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
OK delete both your Wiiflow folders again. Just so we can start fresh.

1) Make sure that in on your SD you have - using the 304-249 version

# \apps\wiiflow\meta.xml
# \apps\wiiflow\boot.dol
# \apps\wiiflow\icon.png

2) on your root of your SD you have the 2.2-RC-1-(No-Dol).zip file unzipped

So you have

# \wiiflow\boxcovers
# \wiiflow\cache
# \wiiflow\codes

etc etc

3) install and use mmm

4) tell mmm to load another IOS and select 249

5) in mmm select and a forwarder, say the 8-bit_Playground (WiiFlow - WBIT.wad)

6) Reset and try using the channel forwarder

If that doesn't work, come back and we can try something else.

switchbladeHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, followed that exactly, and same result. I see the wiiflow splash screen after Starting the channel, then the wii reboots.

Let's try that something else now.

Thanks

switchbladeHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
Well you have done everything right... I really don't know

Try a different sd card?

Here is a channel I just quickly did with customizemii, test it to see if it works:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9pxbvnw5uc438du

Although I dont see why it would...

Thanks, I can try your wad file. I've already tried 2 different SD cards and the fact that I have the other 2 loaders working via channel, I think this must have something to do with ios stuff.

Can you learn anything from my system Check Log? I can run that again if it would help. It would seem that anyone that can read the check log and understand what they are looking at, may be able to confirm that I've done everything correctly.

switchbladeHD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for trying to help me. I give up. I've done everything I can think of to get this POS wiiflow forwarder to work.

I'm sticking with the other 2 that are working perfectly. It just kills me when I can't figure out something like this. It has to be something stuipid, but at this point I will never know.

Unless somebody wants to look at my check log or has any other suggestions, I say wiiflow is dead as far as I'm concerned.

hate2.gif

magicmarkers

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey, for anyone still having issues like this, try deleting the wiiflow save file from the wii data management menu. sometimes wiiflow wigs out.

Sotriuj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this is such an old thread and I hope it's ok to do some good ol' necromancy, but I got a second hand wii and was messing around with wiiflow and had the same issue, ended up here thanks to google, and I'll like to share a solution.

For anyone else with the same trouble: You might not have IOS58 installed, which happens with old wii firmware versions (Mine was at 3.4). You can simply install IOS 58 using this homebrew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo