Homebrew Help! Can not install title keys on Freeshop

playswithsquirrels

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other day things were working fine on Freeshop, everything downloading as it should. I accidentally updated to the newest 3DS firmware and quickly uploaded a backup. So now I am not on the newest firmware. BUT, now when I use Freeshop it will download the games but will give me the 'Wrong Title Key' notifications every time it finishes a download. I have the latest Freeshop and have tried both manually entering the title keys url, as well as scanning the QR code. FBI also will not install a game when QR code is scanned. Is this because I updated the firmware even though I downgraded back to the previous release? I've been messing around with this for the past two days trying to fix it. Please help.

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah... the new update breaks freeShop in a big way, because now we cannot download from their servers in pirate consoles… so we're pretty much screwed right now.
You could download .CIAs from other places and install them through FBI... but then there's the new ban risk… so nope anymore.
Until someone finds a way to patch the CDN verification thing we'll be free to use freeShop again… and until someone finds a way to bypass the new piracy detection method, we'll need to wait to play online, or even be connected to the Internet on our consoles.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah... the new update breaks freeShop in a big way, because now we cannot download from their servers in pirate consoles… so we're pretty much screwed right now.
You could download .CIAs from other places and install them through FBI... but then there's the new ban risk… so nope anymore.
Until someone finds a way to patch the CDN verification thing we'll be free to use freeShop again… and until someone finds a way to bypass the new piracy detection method, we'll need to wait to play online, or even be connected to the Internet on our consoles.
AFAIK you are fine to download from freeshop. And you can without getting a title key error. Its sleepmode downloads that you have to be worried about.

Reactions: Traace

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
AFAIK you are fine to download from freeshop. And you can without getting a title key error. Its sleepmode downloads that you have to be worried about.
Can we? I'm actually afraid and I read some posts telling that we shouldn't use freeShop for sometime until someone finds a fix.
I read that we can use CIAngel, but I don't trust it neither.
We're pretty screwed right now with this and the new piracy detection method.

WaluigiMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can we? I'm actually afraid and I read some posts telling that we shouldn't use freeShop for sometime until someone finds a fix.
did you try villian3ds thats pretty good and safe

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had used freeshop on 11.8 with a dummie 3ds i got. It seems to work fine when i tried it.

Reactions: E1ite007

E1ite007

wierd avatar guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I had used freeshop on 11.8 with a dummie 3ds i got. It seems to work fine when i tried it.
That sounds nice to me... but I prefer to wait some days or weeks.
Maybe in some days we can get a final veredict on this, or something... you know, like a pseudo-fix or some progress.
You know, we aren't in the old days of ReiNAND and all that crap. I thing Smealum or someone could find a "fix" to this more quickly than let's say… 3 years ago.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes but it builds a cia file on your pc wich you can download with fbi and that has no risk of getting banned
Well... time to try it.
Thanks man!

Last edited by E1ite007,

WaluigiMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That sounds nice to me... but I prefer to wait some days or weeks.
Maybe in some days we can get a final veredict on this, or something... you know, like a pseudo-fix or some progress.
You know, we aren't it the old days of ReiNAND and all that crap. I thing Smealum or someone could find a "fix" to this more quickly than let's say… 3 years ago.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well... time to try it.
Thanks man!
youre welcome

Reactions: E1ite007

KuroGentei

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kuro.today
XP
Country
Germany
If you have already installed the games and they have disappeared with the backup, run the homebrew "Tikshop" to restore the tickets (.tik).

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
stop reading, U seen not to understand what U are reading...

U can still download and install whatever game U like and install

Last edited by GilgameshArcher,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1