ROM Hack Help! Can I restore deleted Switch user profile that’s not linked?

ItsMeWario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I could really do with some help please. I’m sorry if that has previously been covered, I did check through but couldn’t see anything that seemed relevant.

So my daughter deleted her user User profile from the Switch, she’s 6 and was trying to edit the picture! We use SXOS and I’ve never used the Switch online just to be safe so have never linked the account and don’t even know if we have a Nintendo account to be honest. I’ve never made a backup up or anything like that either. Is there any way we can get her profile back? My main concern is the save data, she was absolutely smashing it on Animal Crossing and I don’t want her to lose everything she’s worked for. Is there any way I can undo the delete? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nightweb

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Not Sure if I can help in anyway as I've never come across thought I should suggest try animal crossing under a different profile. I'm not sure exactly how it works or why it works this way but Animal crossing the island is a device save and the island is shared among all profiles installed on the switch, the villager she was playing as might get deleted but the island itself might be safe

ItsMeWario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for replying. So my other daughter and I also have profiles and play Animal Crossing and I’ve checked and the island still exists. Her house is still there and all her stuff is inside, in fact, I think that her Animal Crossing save data still exists it just isn’t linked to a user profile. Does anybody know if there is a way of linking this save data to a different user profile if I make her a new one? Do you think I should now maybe put this question in a different are of the forum? Like maybe somewhere to do with Animal Crossing or with SXOS or something?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry to keep posting but I’ve just discovered something that may or may not help. Her profile still exists on the ‘virgin’ Switch so it has only been deleted from SXOS. Can I copy it over at all? I was thinking I could link it to a Nintendo account (I don’t have one because we have never played online because I always thought better safe than sorry) but it I start doing that will it result in me getting banned?

Also just realised that as she is the main resident on Animal Crossing, I am unable to progress any further in the game without her. I can’t build or change the island in any way and can’t even delete her as a resident because you have to do that by loading on from their profile. Any way of getting around this?

Again, do you think I should be posting these questions elsewhere? Thank you so much for your time.

D

Deleted User

Thank you for replying. So my other daughter and I also have profiles and play Animal Crossing and I’ve checked and the island still exists. Her house is still there and all her stuff is inside, in fact, I think that her Animal Crossing save data still exists it just isn’t linked to a user profile. Does anybody know if there is a way of linking this save data to a different user profile if I make her a new one? Do you think I should now maybe put this question in a different are of the forum? Like maybe somewhere to do with Animal Crossing or with SXOS or something?

Sorry to keep posting but I’ve just discovered something that may or may not help. Her profile still exists on the ‘virgin’ Switch so it has only been deleted from SXOS. Can I copy it over at all? I was thinking I could link it to a Nintendo account (I don’t have one because we have never played online because I always thought better safe than sorry) but it I start doing that will it result in me getting banned?

Also just realised that as she is the main resident on Animal Crossing, I am unable to progress any further in the game without her. I can’t build or change the island in any way and can’t even delete her as a resident because you have to do that by loading on from their profile. Any way of getting around this?

Again, do you think I should be posting these questions elsewhere? Thank you so much for your time.

Make another profile. Animal Crossing villagers are only linked to they respectively profile, but the save (including villagers) stays in the console. If you enter with another profile that doesn't have any save file, its gonna ask if you wanna to create a new villager or link your daughter's villager cause the profile it was link to doesn't exists anymore. So, only create another profile, enter to the game with that profile, select that you wanna use a existing villager file, and select your daughter villager. It is gonna link the villager with the profile and then is all good again.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: ItsMeWario

ItsMeWario

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Make another profile. Animal Crossing villagers are only linked to they respectively profile, but the save (including villagers) stays in the console. If you enter with another profile that doesn't have any save file, its gonna ask if you wanna to create a new villager or link your daughter's villager cause the profile it was link to doesn't exists anymore. So, only create another profile, enter to the game with that profile, select that you wanna use a existing villager file, and select your daughter villager. It is gonna link the villager with the profile and then is all good again.

Bloody hell! That was SO simple, I can’t thank you enough, really. I did exactly as you said and it’s as if nothing had happened! She is going to be so pleased tomorrow when I show her. I don’t care about any of the other games played, Animal Crossing was the one we were upset about so this is absolutely amazing. Honestly, truly, thank you so, SO much.

Last edited by ItsMeWario,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Bloody hell! That was SO simple, I can’t thank you enough, really. She is going to be so pleased tomorrow when I tell her. I don’t care about any of the other games played, Animal Crossing was the one we were upset about so this is absolutely amazing. Honestly, truly, thank you so, SO much.
I passed for a similar situation, so I know how can it feel to almost lost your island. I actually though of that solution really quickly, cause Nintendo made something similar with the Wii, and cause the save file is in the console, It was really possible that Nintendo made that type of solution. Tell her to be careful tho!

Last edited by ,
Reactions: ItsMeWario

Splashhy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi this happened to me too but for a different game I got my own personal switch so without even thinking I just deleted my profile on my family switch thinking I wont need it anymore. But right after I did I forgot I had progress on it. So is it only animal crossing or can I restore another game like mario

I passed for a similar situation, so I know how can it feel to almost lost your island. I actually though of that solution really quickly, cause Nintendo made something similar with the Wii, and cause the save file is in the console, It was really possible that Nintendo made that type of solution. Tell her to be careful tho!
is it only for animal crossing or can I do it from other games

Last edited by Splashhy,
D

Deleted User

hi this happened to me too but for a different game I got my own personal switch so without even thinking I just deleted my profile on my family switch thinking I wont need it anymore. But right after I did I forgot I had progress on it. So is it only animal crossing or can I restore another game like mario

is it only for animal crossing or can I do it from other games
Its only Animal Crossing sadly
If I recall correctly is the only game which uses console save instead of per user save. So... sorry to hear but unless you got a backup or smth, I don't know any way you can restore your save file

Splashhy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its only Animal Crossing sadly
If I recall correctly is the only game which uses console save instead of per user save. So... sorry to hear but unless you got a backup or smth, I don't know any way you can restore your save file
ok thank you replaying will be fun ig

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1