Hacking [HELP] Can I recover?

newbie114

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hey guys, welp, my first homebrew attempt did not go well. old 3DS, firm 4.x.x, and basically followed the 3ds.hacks guide , and right at the end of installing boot9strap (soundhax), got nothing. Device rebooted into the Luma3DS configuration menu, i selected Show NAND or user string in System Settings, pressed start to save and reboot, and BLANK. Did I brick it? Any way to recover?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, welp, my first homebrew attempt did not go well. old 3DS, firm 4.x.x, and basically followed the 3ds.hacks guide , and right at the end of installing boot9strap (soundhax), got nothing. Device rebooted into the Luma3DS configuration menu, i selected Show NAND or user string in System Settings, pressed start to save and reboot, and BLANK. Did I brick it? Any way to recover?
Follow the troubleshooting guide here: https://3ds.hacks.guide/troubleshooting#black-screen-on-sysnand-boot-after-installing-boot9strap

Some of us also like being summoned.

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

newbie114

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
What version of luma u are? Other day I saw a post that some older versions of 3ds doesn't boot the CFW with the new luma version

Whichever the latest is on github.

Also yes, deleting config and booting up at least got me to the menu again, but still blank after reboot. Will try the other troubleshooting solutions, And thanks to all!

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Whichever the latest is on github.

Also yes, deleting config and booting up at least got me to the menu again, but still blank after reboot. Will try the other troubleshooting solutions, And thanks to all!
try the luma 9.1,according to the post,they tested the new luma and it apparently have a bug on the new version that result in black screen on 4.x versions

newbie114

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
If anyone is still around, any idea why Rosalina won't launch? Both Luma3D and GM9 menus boot up at the start with no problem, just as an fyi.

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well,that's strange,it should work on this version
As an alternative u can use this to Inject FBI.cia on Health and Safety app and launch FBI directly on ur home menu and after that u install the definitive FBI.cia on ur menu,u can Restore H&S app with this

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And my recomendation is to see if any of this 3 buttons doesn't work,cuz L+Select+Down button all together active the rosalina menu

Reactions: newbie114

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all