Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
When I goto data management>save data
THE WII FREEZES!!!
I think I have a corrupted wii party save or... TOO MANY SAVES!
can anyone give me suggestions?

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried SaveGameManager GX to extract your existing saves? Also, this issue isn't related to your installation of the Photo Channel, is it? :)

Reactions: Kippykip

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think it was the custom mii channel I made because I JUST FIXED IT!! 2 SECS AGO :D
I uninstalled my custom mii channel, photo channel 1.1, and wiiplay wiiparty save and now it works
I'm gonna tinker around with it and tell you if it is photo channel 1.1

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I experienced freezing issues at the System Menu when I installed a WAD of Check Mii Out Channel. Based on that, I'd think it's the custom Mii Channel you installed. For which purpose, I am curious to know :)

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a feeling; well let me know if that works out for you! Unfortunately though, based on my Check Mii Out Channel experience I think the Mii Channel is best left alone. Just my two cents. However, I really appreciate the Photo Channel update and want to continue our discussion over there.

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
I think it is the photo channel ;c
After I reinstalled it, save data still works, but now when you exit it fades to black and stays black :\
lemme do some moar test

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Mii Channel does end up working out, I'd be curious if it retains the Wii U side of functionality (ie: ability to pull Mii from Wii Mii Channel to Wii U Mii Maker). Also, does the Mii Parade get re-instated? If so, the Check Mii Out channel might work correctly. I'm quite excited to find someone with a similar interest in porting the old channels to the vWii!

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Here's how the mii channel works, it has a different id (AND MUSIC :D) so on my menu, I have 2 mii channels, 1 is the vwii default one and the otherone is the original channel slightly modified enough not to collide with the vwii one (I think it's best not to modify the titles that came with the vwii) ;)

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would agree. The Check Mii Out channel probably wouldn't work with your modified Mii Channel due to the different id, but if the parade and Wii Remote transfer works than that's still a pretty solid modification!

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
the parade half works, just says 'nobodys home!' due to no wiiconnect24
send mii gets an error about wiiconnect24
and transfer works fine
Also I just finished testing, custom mii channel lets you do save in the system memory......... but not sd IT FREEZES!!!!:hateit:

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
Also I guess the reason why the 2 channels makes the wii save messed up is because of the title id changing must confuse the channel writing for example writing save to the PC11 slot but contains HAYA files or something which causes the wii to freeze :\

Reactions: bezem

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
By the way, wii party still doesn't work :C

EDIT: Reinstalling the game didn't do anything HOWEVER a torrent of the same game that the author said he used with wiiscrubber FIXED IT!
But because I deleted my old saves, I have to start again :c
It's ok if I pirate a game that I already own for the same console and region right?

EDIT2: Well I found the REAL problem, I had wiiflows video mode set to 'system' and wii party wants it to be 'progressive'

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In some countries its allowed to have 1 backup of every game, that you purchased, however in that case you would have to make that backup yourself.
Downloading someone elses backups is illegal.
Just answering your question, nothing more.
I could care less, where you get your backup from, if you own the original... You just might want to edit your post, so noone starts blabbering copyright-stuff ;-)

Kippykip

j e f f
OP
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
In some countries its allowed to have 1 backup of every game, that you purchased, however in that case you would have to make that backup yourself.
Downloading someone elses backups is illegal.
Just answering your question, nothing more.
I could care less, where you get your backup from, if you own the original... You just might want to edit your post, so noone starts blabbering copyright-stuff ;-)

Well I installed my original copy once I found the REAL problem (I forgot to put that in)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I love how insurance companies can deny procedures because they deem it not medically necessary despite the procedure being ordered by a doctor
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Going with that right now with a dental claim morons put the wrong company name and rejected claims been on hold an hour for the claims department
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, BTW is it better to go usb or bt for these mini Pcs figure you may know since you play with rack systems so much
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Counting my blessings that my insurance hasn't caused me really any headache (yet, at least) despite the fact that I've been getting way more appointments and what not recently due
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, what do you mean, what are you trying to do?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just looking at a built in mouse pad keyboard combo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I loose the dongle constantly but they may have better connection with usb frequency
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Imo Bluetooth is always a option of last resort for me
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Except for phones because it tends to be pretty reliable there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a bad habit of taking out usb transmitter and loosing it because they can't you know print names on the damn things
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to work reliably and stable. It might pair and connect once, and then next time I go to use it I have to delete and re-pair it again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5.3 has been so good I think 6 is really going to make it stable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember how shit 3 was
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Ptouch labeler aren't terribly expensive, label shit yourself fam. This is the one I own and there are cheaper ones too https://www.amazon.com/Brother-P-Touch-PTH110BP-Portable-included/dp/B09QXYND6S
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Solves part of the problem, mixing up which dongle is which. Then you just have to not lose them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Double D would be proud
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Even my Xbox One controller I have it paired to my desktop over Bluetooth, it USUALLY works but sometimes it refuses to connect and I have to delete and re-pair it. Maddening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gigabytes built in mobo bt/wifi pairs pretty decent
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's what I'm using :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ran a driver update in device manager?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not recently but I think it's less a driver issue and more just Windows having a garbage Bluetooth stack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be I was having issues when I first upgraded it and didn't realiser gigabyte has specific driver revisions which is stupid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which is married to the boards revision
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Made my first review
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of keyboards and mice. It just stays put.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of...