[Help] Boot back into RxTools

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Drew That Gamer, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Drew That Gamer
    OP

Drew That Gamer weeb

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Arlington, VA
    I was just wondering if there is anyway for System Settings, Homebrew Browser, and AGB and TWL titles to boot back into RxTools emuNAND after bring run in RxTools emuNAND?

2. juniorcba

juniorcba Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2007
    Brazil
    Run the homemenu hax from the homebrew browser, choose to Configure, Type 2, hold L and tap the screen. Make sure to have one of the rxTools Pasta nighlies, like 2 or 3 builds before the latest.

It will autoboot now, you don't need to press a button, if you press will not execute hax at start. Keep in mind Pasta Mode and RX Mode into SysNAND will not work, return to Type 1 for these to work, then go back and forth between the 2 types whenever you need/want.

3. Drew That Gamer
    OP

Drew That Gamer weeb

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Arlington, VA
    I think you might have misunderstood my question. Some apps can't exit to the home menu, so when they exit, they boot into sysNAND w/o RxTools. Is there a way for me to make them boot back into RxTools AUTOMATICALLY?

4. juniorcba

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2007
    Brazil
    I did not misunderstood, some apps close the system and need to reboot when closed, if you want them to enter in your RXTools I just told you how to, you have to make it autoboot into it. Otherwise hold L when you close the apps that do that.

5. Splosionz

Splosionz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    United States
    What @juniorcba is suggesting is only step one of what you need to do. The next step for you would be to install ctrbootmanager. You can get it here.

All you need to do to install it is make HomeMenuHax autoboot, rename your homebrew launcher boot file to boot_hb.3dsx, and copy ctrbootmanager's boot.3dsx and boot.cfg to your sd card.

After that, rxtools should boot automatically.

6. Drew That Gamer
    OP

Drew That Gamer weeb

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Arlington, VA
    I already have CTRbootmanager. So when I leave the app, it should load CTRbootmanager by holding L?

7. Splosionz

Splosionz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2016
    United States
    If your HomeMenuHax is setup to autoboot then you shouldn't have to hold anything. If you did what @juniorcba first suggested then holding L will stop HomeMenuHax from booting.

Edit: If that doesn't work, you may have a version of rxtools that doesn't work with ctrbootmanager.

Last edited by Splosionz, Jan 11, 2016
  8. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Yes, or you can set menuhax to another button (or no button)

9. Drew That Gamer
    OP

Drew That Gamer weeb

Dec 29, 2015
    United States
    Arlington, VA
    Ah, ok. I just didn't understand what the original guy was saying.

10. juniorcba

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2007
    Brazil
    Who is original guy? LOL
    I was explaining how to set autoboot, so you don't need to hold L, but you do as you please. :)