[help] battery dying in gateway mode question

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Ace001, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Ace001
    OP

Ace001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2013
    United States
    I Keep reading online that 3ds's dying in gateway (emunand) causes brick..would it still happen even if the nands are seperated?

*Using gateways latest firmware update

2. sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein Professional asshole at GBATemp

GBAtemp Patron
    sarkwalvein is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 29, 2007
    Germany
    Niedersachsen
    What?
    I had let my battery die, made the 3DS freeze by cleverly taking the SD card while in emunand, been playing with and without the GW card in (CIA), playing with and without power connected.
    No brick ever.

Ace001 likes this.
  3. alin72

alin72 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2015
    United States
    That is pure bad luck..But it's still worth some effort to keep your battery healthy.

4. Ace001
    OP

Ace001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2013
    United States
    Really???? Must've read some wrong info then....thank you so much! I was extremely worried till I read your reply. I cant get to a charger at the moment :unsure:

5. Ace001
    OP

Ace001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2013
    United States
    I know but I forgot to charge my 3ds last night :mellow:

6. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    So why not turn it off cleanly, which is also way better for the battery itself unless this happens rarely?

It's true that you can brick many flash chips with integrated controller by removing power at the wrong time (mainly during a TRIM), but if it actually happens run to buy a lottery ticket!

Ace001 likes this.
  7. ddrguitarpunk

ddrguitarpunk Member

Newcomer
    Feb 5, 2010
    United States
    this actually happened to me last night. running latest gw ultra and battery died. now after charging, my power light comes on and no screen. hard reset it 5 times. console is usa 3dsxl with 4.5 ofw. is it time for me to look for an unbricking solution?

8. Ace001
    OP

Ace001 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 31, 2013
    United States
    have you tried taking out the sd card and blowing the slot? It happens to me but with a bit of air in the sd card slot it works.