Hacking [HELP] Bannerbomb and Twilight Hack not working!

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, I made this other topic, but since the problem was kinda undiagnosed at the time and the title could be misleading, I decided to make another one.
The problem is, I can't install the Homebrew Channel -- I had it uninstalled due to some bugs (WAD Manager giving me a -ret error and Snes9X GX not loading at all), and when I tried to install it again with the Twilight Hack, it failed, giving me a "loading .text.0 @ 0x80004000 (1460832 bytes)" message, or, with the old beta 9 installer instead of hackmii installer, "exception 300". I had another system menu by the time I first installed the HBC (I upgraded to 3.2U in order to play a game), so the most obvious choice would be using Bannerbomb.

Problem is, the Wii seems to only recognize it if the Twilight Hack is in the SD card (otherwise it shows as a gray question mark) and, when it does work, all I get is an endless black screen, sometimes coupled with the disc drive flashing, sometimes not. I tried using that special boot.dol made to test it, and I once again got "exception 0300". I also tried, with the Twilight Hack and before trying Bannerbomb, installing the WAD Manager directly, to no avail.

I found no fix for those two errors, at least none that worked to me (such as taking out GC memory cards and controllers), and I'm at lost.
Could someone please help me? I really don't know what to do, and I can't play some of the newer releases such as Rune Factory Frontier and Let's Tap without Gecko OS... any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance, and sorry if I'm doing something wrong!

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did, but unfortunately none of them are recognized, i.e., show up as a grey question mark.
I really wanna know why is that... the first one was only recognized because of the presence of the Twilight Hack in the SD card to begin with.

I wonder if it is because of something I installed... but the only "irregular" things were IOSes to play newer WiiWare games.

Exeden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you making sure you're following all the steps? I know I forgot to rename my current Private folder to 'Privateold'. Your Private folder should only contain the single file provided by BannerBomb, if there's anything else it will throw it off.

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, I'm pretty sure I am.
But you see, if the Twilight Hack is not there (as I had formatted the SD card), it simply shows as a gray question mark and nothing happens. If it is there, it works, but the black screen stays indefinitely. I'm very, very worried about this... what could possibly have gone wrong? I really want to play the games again.

And why Twilight Hack keeps "loading .text.0 @ 0x80004000 (1460832 bytes)" or gives the "exception 0300"? Oh, man...

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, it is a 2GB one, of the same type (and brand) I used before uninstalling Homebrew Channel (...why did I do that, ugh...).

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are you sure you have the correct .dol? If it's damaged, it would explain your problems. Try other .dols than the HackMii installer too.

Only have bannerbomb and the .dol you want to launch on sd card. Move to the correct menu, and THEN insert the sd card. If that does not work and you have no other way to execute code, the only option left that comes to my mind is to update to 4.0 and then try bannerbomb again.

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am, got it directly from the site. I also tried HBC beta 9 installer and the special boot.dol created to test Bannerbomb. The former gave me "exception 0300" in the Twilight Hack, too, which puzzled me a lot.

It almost seems as if the Wii is blocking them, but I don't even have internet on it! I'll give a couple more of tries today.

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually there was only an ELF file inside the zip file ("installer.elf", if you will). The DOL to which I refer is the HBC beta 9 installer or simply a way to referring to the file.

Is there a DOL hackmii installer?

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rikku said:
Actually there was only an ELF file inside the zip file ("installer.elf", if you will). The DOL to which I refer is the HBC beta 9 installer or simply a way to referring to the file.

Is there a DOL hackmii installer?

My mistake; there isn't a DOL for HackMii.

The only other thing I can think of, if your Wii Serial is NOT LU64+, is to update your Wii using Nintendo's update server...and then use Bannerbomb to downgrade IOS/cIOS...

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
beegee7730 said:
Did you try wad manager?
Just tried, but as if my problems weren't enough, the Wii is suddenly refusing to copy the Twilight Hack to the memory. Talk about a curse...

Also, I cannot update via update servers as my Wii has no internet.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rikku said:
Just tried, but as if my problems weren't enough, the Wii is suddenly refusing to copy the Twilight Hack to the memory. Talk about a curse...

Also, I cannot update via update servers as my Wii has no internet.

You going to have to find a way to connect it to the Internet temporarily... it sounds like you're running out of options =/

Rikku

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes... I was going to buy an USB Ethernet Adapter, but everything is just so expensive over here.
I'll be damned if it doesn't work, though. Just thinking about it gets me nervous.

And WiiPower, I will try that file you gave with Bannerbomb, then.

[EDIT]: IT WORKED! Holy cow, now I just need a HBC wad!
I didn't have any WADs in the SD card, I'll get one ASAP to test which IOSes work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, BTW is it better to go usb or bt for these mini Pcs figure you may know since you play with rack systems so much
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Counting my blessings that my insurance hasn't caused me really any headache (yet, at least) despite the fact that I've been getting way more appointments and what not recently due
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, what do you mean, what are you trying to do?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just looking at a built in mouse pad keyboard combo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I loose the dongle constantly but they may have better connection with usb frequency
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Imo Bluetooth is always a option of last resort for me
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Except for phones because it tends to be pretty reliable there
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a bad habit of taking out usb transmitter and loosing it because they can't you know print names on the damn things
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    But any desktop OS, I've never had anything but frustration trying to get Bluetooth devices to work reliably and stable. It might pair and connect once, and then next time I go to use it I have to delete and re-pair it again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    5.3 has been so good I think 6 is really going to make it stable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember how shit 3 was
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Ptouch labeler aren't terribly expensive, label shit yourself fam. This is the one I own and there are cheaper ones too https://www.amazon.com/Brother-P-Touch-PTH110BP-Portable-included/dp/B09QXYND6S
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Solves part of the problem, mixing up which dongle is which. Then you just have to not lose them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Double D would be proud
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Even my Xbox One controller I have it paired to my desktop over Bluetooth, it USUALLY works but sometimes it refuses to connect and I have to delete and re-pair it. Maddening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gigabytes built in mobo bt/wifi pairs pretty decent
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's what I'm using :(
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ran a driver update in device manager?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not recently but I think it's less a driver issue and more just Windows having a garbage Bluetooth stack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Could be I was having issues when I first upgraded it and didn't realiser gigabyte has specific driver revisions which is stupid
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Which is married to the boards revision
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Made my first review
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I've gone years without ever removing a logitech usb transmitter. Across several replacements of keyboards and mice. It just stays put.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    tldr usb > bluetooth imo
    +2
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    ive never had luck with built in bt transmitters. They're always in the back of the pc and signal is super crummy vs a usb bt dongle in the front of the pc,
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: ive never had luck with built in bt transmitters. They're always in the back of the pc and...