Mylink5

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Hello!!I am a DSTWO user for a month and I had no problems.But today as I was playin mEetroid with the GBA emulator and pressed exit it froze and when I tried to acces the card through th DSi menu it said that there was an error.Then I went to see the files and the only file there was was a file named "@@@@."
and the card was full as before.Please any help?????!!!!

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mylink5 said:
Now there is another file in the SD named "e$e$e$@.@e" and it says it was made in 1998!!
I think your SD card is corrupted. Format it, FAST! I have lost at least 3 SD cards because of this. You will lose all of your data, so put your SD card's data on your computer and then format it.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mylink5 said:
Basiclly can you tell me why this happened??Plz tell me!!

I've seen corruption happen personally (though not to that extent) if you try to overfill a microSD card and use it in a flashcart. Good rule of thumb, IMO, is to always leave at LEAST 10 megs of space empty on it.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make that 100, always gotta be safe
wink.gif

but if you wouldn't of panicked so hard there are a few tools to get data off of corrupted SD cards (a quick google gave me this), however you might still be able to get stuff if you try it, it says something about getting data after a format

i'd recommend using the Panasonic SD formatter before you start putting your stuff back on your card, as it should help prevent that from happening again (if it wasn't a full memory problem)

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
I think your SD card is corrupted. Format it, FAST! I have lost at least 3 SD cards because of this. You will lose all of your data, so put your SD card's data on your computer and then format it.
I know this will probably seem like a thick question.
ph34r.gif
But do you mean you lost the data and could not recover it on three separate occasions and so had to reformat the SD card.? Or do you mean that three different SD cards have actually had to be chucked in the bin?
blink.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mabilouz said:
machomuu said:
ph34r.gif
But do you mean you lost the data and could not recover it on three separate occasions and so had to reformat the SD card.? Or do you mean that three different SD cards have actually had to be chucked in the bin?
blink.gif
3 different SD cards died. I recovered the data via certain programs, but the SD cards are still dead.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
3 different SD cards died. I recovered the data via certain programs, but the SD cards are still dead.

Define "dead". THIS grabbed my attention now. I have a 16gb Samsung MicroSDHC from a friend that is somehow write protected. Files still intact and readable, but data cannot be written and the card cannot be formatted, regardless of what adapter is used (MSD->SD) or MSD-> USB, over a phone or anything.

Is that dead? Because I am fuckin confused.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
plasma dragon007 said:
machomuu said:

Define "dead". THIS grabbed my attention now. I have a 16gb Samsung MicroSDHC from a friend that is somehow write protected. Files still intact and readable, but data cannot be written and the card cannot be formatted, regardless of what adapter is used (MSD->SD) or MSD-> USB, over a phone or anything.

Is that dead? Because I am fuckin confused.
"Dead" means they are not able to be recognized by the machine and can no longer be used.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
mabilouz said:
machomuu said:
ph34r.gif
blink.gif
You have thrown away three SD cards? Blimey that could get very expensive very fast. I have never had one die on me. I don't know if that makes me lucky or if you are committing acts of great cruelty to yours.
Having just sent off for a new 16gb class 6 to go in a newly ordered DSi XL, I would cry if it died. That would be like thirty quid (50 American Dollars roughly) down the drain.

I don't want to rub salt in but do you know what causes yours to break so often is it the overfilling thing? Because I'm worried that one of mine will die now, I never overfill though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.