Zodiark13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, I borrowed Metroid Prime Trilogy from a family friend, but it required an update from the disk. I looked up on the net to see if it was safe, because my Wii had been hacked. I found nothing to suggest any problem, so I went ahead. Afterwards, everything worked except USB Loader GX. I couldn't find anything to help me get it working again, so, for some reason, I thought to try re-hacking it. It didn't work, so I thought that maybe because it was already hacked, rehacking wouldn't work. So I did a system restore from the Wii menu. Now it won't even hack, and Homebrew Channel is not there.

tl;dr, Is it possible to rehack my Wii after a System Restore?

chinmi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
what's your wii version now ?
try using banner bomb and reinstall your homebrew channel...

try looking at xflak nusad thread he has the tools to re hack or hack a new wii...

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zodiark13 said:
Version is currently 4.1E. I used bannerbomb to hack the Wii, so that might be the reason why it won't work again.
no it isnt the reason.
4.2E removes old HBC (using title HAXX, changed to JODI) along with bootmii on old boot2 & old DVDx (using title DVDx, dont know current one)
4.1E isnt a problem - just fixes wii motion plus video crap.

but just get latest version of cIOS and perhaps cfgloader.

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
why is it so easy to find this forum but so hard to read the sticky at the top of the page that says modify ANY wii???? and where do ppl find all this bullshit information that they "claim" they read around.

Drag0nflamez

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
TRushInfo said:
why is it so easy to find this forum but so hard to read the sticky at the top of the page that says modify ANY wii???? and where do ppl find all this bullshit information that they "claim" they read around.
People google, they see forums filled with noobs (yes gbatemp keeps them away - i am not a nub - I actually READ hackmii and know how IOS etc works, not like how the programmers at Nintendo/BroadOn know it - but I know the basics but I dont know how to patch - i also know how to not brick a wii)
System restore isn't like an i(Pod/Phone/Pad) restore - it only deletes your channels, savegames and your Wii Shop licenses (correct me if i am wrong) and doesnt delete ios, cios, sysmenu etc.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Drag0nflamez said:
TRushInfo said:
People google, they see forums filled with noobs (yes gbatemp keeps them away - i am not a nub - I actually READ hackmii and know how IOS etc works, not like how the programmers at Nintendo/BroadOn know it - but I know the basics but I dont know how to patch - i also know how to not brick a wii)
System restore isn't like an i(Pod/Phone/Pad) restore - it only deletes your channels, savegames and your Wii Shop licenses (correct me if i am wrong) and doesnt delete ios, cios, sysmenu etc.

yeah maybe but where in the SM does it say "System Restore" lol, this isnt Windows, its actually called "System Format"

System Restore = Restore the system to a previous working state

System Format = Wipe the shit added and restore to factory state(not everything is deleted)

the two differ in a big way

TRushInfo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Drag0nflamez said:
TRushInfo said:

who the fuck was talking to you?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu