Hacking HELP! After restore NAND...I got blue screen of death, any idea how to fix it?

darrenhuang22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So upon checking, it seems the BOOT0/1 file format generated by that guide (1.57MB BOOT0 and 524kB BOOT1) seems to be different than the BOOT0/1 file format generated by a Hekate backup (both 4MB each).

Generated Boot0/1 files:
View attachment 148850
View attachment 148851
Hekate backup:
View attachment 148849

I'm guessing Hekate dumps the entire thing including zeroed out sections.

So for restoring that BOOT0/BOOT1, instead of using Hekate, just continue on down using the guide you used to make them (all the way down to steps 8.2 and 8.3 in the guide)

Then you can use Hekate to restore the rawNAND backup you made in the past using it.

Thank you!!! This really helped! After flashing boot 0/1, now I can boot through hekate. Thanks a lot for the help.

Reactions: bundat

FaustCoolio

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
-snip-
The issue is that he burnt fuses to 6.10 but loaded a nand from 4.1 without boot 0/1 as well which are firmware version specific
His os try's to boot (4.1) but sees that fuses butt is 7 and is too high so it panics and locks up. Its Nintendo's way to stop downgrading.
If you use a bootloader (payload) that ignores this check it will boot but official firmware will not.
You can upgrade back to 6.1 and everything will be how it was and working

This is NOTHING to do with using sx os or not....
I'd like to confirm you are correct. Same thing happened to me, backup from 4 restored to 6.1. was able to boot with rainx and upgrated back to official fw 6.1 over internet. It let me, not sure if bang is coming.

Reactions: chippy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: There has to be some mutual agreement with them all anything over $600 is just pc territory