Help a n00b out?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by AGorm, May 24, 2010.

May 24, 2010

Help a n00b out? by AGorm at 7:31 PM (576 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. AGorm
    OP

Newcomer AGorm Newbie

United States
    Alright so I had a friend soft-mod my Wii a while back. I have always wanted to know how to play backup games off DVD-R's but I don't know if I have the available programs to do so. All I have installed (I believe) is Gecko and the Homebrew Browser. I am using System Menu 4.0 if that helps at all. I have no clue what to do. Thanks.

2. kimikal27

Member kimikal27 GBAtemp Maniac

Ireland
  3. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    I really recomend you to researchg the things you're using before using them, check what can be wrong at certain time, and how to avoid it, so you do it without any doubt and total confidence...!! [​IMG]

4. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    here r some pointers

-u need neogamma to play backup discs
    -u need to install darkcorp to play backup discs from disc channel
    -new wii's w/ d3-2 chipset drives can't play backup discs at all, but usb loaders still work on these wii's
    -4.0 sucks, u should follow a guide like the complete softmod guide, the simplistic mod (linked above) or use NUS Auto Downloader's DL Wizard/custom guide generator (see my signature of link). I recommend upgrading to either 4.1 or 4.2. Following one of these guides, will also make sure u have good cIOSs installed so your apps (including neogamma) will run smoothly