Hardware [Help] 3DS Motherboard Button Soldering (Arduino)

Veritas6781

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone! So what I plan to do is to use an Arduino to command button presses to my 3DS. As per the picture, provided by DekuNukem, I've soldered my wires exactly as such to the 3DS and rebuilt it. I tried around with the Arduino. But I couldn't get any button presses through the wires. I'm just using a simple code to intiate a button press.

I understand this maybe a bit of a noob question but would I need to included a soldered Ground as well? If so, where do I solder the ground contact onto the 3DS? or would anyone know how to wire up the circuit correctly? Any tips and help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
chrome_d1O52xJbMh.jpg

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes, you obviously need to have a ground connected. Any metal shield on the 3DS should be a ground and you can use that with a multimeter in continuity mode to find some soldering point for a ground.

This big marked spot here is probably a ground (but I'm not sure, you should check it before soldering a wire to it):
3ds.jpg

Reactions: Veritas6781

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or maybe not