Hello everyone

inkin4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello I have been a closet modder for quite some time I do it to keep my children smiling I have done my wii my xbox 360 nds ndsl ndsi and ndsixl I usually can figure anything out by lurking around and reading the things you folks have discovered through hours of hard work making this possible for people like me. I have ran into a dillemma that hours of reading has not helped Hahahah you guessed 1.4.1 firmware on the daughters dsi xl for carts i have "v1.4 upgrade www.r4isdhc.com" "r4sdhc www.r4ultra.com" "an r4 revoloution for ds www.r4ds.com" and "r4i sdhc from www.r4i-sdhc.com" Is there any chance I can make any of these work with firmware 1.4.1 or do i need to add yet another card to our collection.Your advice is always valued.

inkin4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If i was looking for punctuation lessons i would have gone to a grammar site still here looking for gaming system advice though If anyone is capable I would appreciate it.English is not my first language but i thought it was good enough to get my point across sorry if it is not.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Ignore the peanut gallery.

If the carts don't offer a 1.4.1-bypassing update on their site (they may offer a firmware they call version 1.4.1 that won't actually fix the issue), then you can't update the cart (a large variety of clones do not have bootloaders that can be updated). The non-i cart won't run on the DSi/XL anyways.

Don't buy an R4 clone and you won't have this issue. The Acekard 2i and Supercard DSTwo both have updateable bootloaders and run on DSi/XLs with firmware 1.4.1.

For the Acekard 2i (two eye, NOT 2.1), make sure the shop you're getting it from flashes/updates their carts beforehand. www.lightake.com does it, I'm not sure of what other sites do.

For the DSTwo, you can update it yourself even if your DSiXL blocks it, so don't worry about that.

And here's my copy-paste comparing the two.

cardchart.gif

• DS / DS Lite
    The card will work on an original (fat) DS or a DS Lite.
  • DSi / DSi XL
    The card will work on a DSi or DSi XL as well.
  • Game Updates
    Firmware updates are what let cards play newer games, these are the life-blood of the card.
  • SDHC
    SDHC refers to SD cards larger than 2GB (gigabytes). If there's no SDHC support, you can only use SD cards up to 2GB.
  • WiFi Update
    The Acekard 2i can update it's cheats (and get minor bug fixes) over WiFi without having to connect to a computer.
  • Clean Mode
    The DSTwo has special features to ignore AP in most games, letting you play them without having to wait for a firmware update first.
  • RTS
    The Real-Time Save (Save State) function lets you save and reload your game progress at any moment you wish.
  • In-Game Guide
    You can pull up text files and images in-game, in order to check a walkthrough or map you downloaded at any time during a game.
  • Slow Motion
    The card lets you slow down the game speed as you wish.
  • In-Game Cheats
    The card lets you create and modify cheats while the game is running.
  • Special Homebrew
    The card has multiple pieces of special homebrew, such as it's own GBA and SNES emulators, as well as text/PDF reader and video player.
  • Battery Life
    Unfortunately the DSTwo's extra CPU and RAM (which give it the special features) eat into the battery life a bit.

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to GBAtemp.
You'll see that a number of our members are sticklers for grammar and punctuation.
But most of us understand you just fine.
happy.gif

We're glad to have you on our forum.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I appreciate good grammar but I also know there's a time and place.
wink.gif

Welcome.

You're a closet modder? Mind creating a door for mine?
unsure.gif

(Sorry, I had to
smileipb2.png
)

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grammar can go to hell. What really matters is good spelling. Anyone who is fairly good at English can read run ons and make sense, but someone who cannot spell and overly use acronyms and such meant for IM, can go to hell with the grammar.

Welcome to the 'temp. We have helpful members, unhelpful members, and we have a Rydian, a Monkat, and a Shlong... Oh, and a Schlupi too (whatever that is). Protokun is the resident Grammar, and spelling Nazi. He likes to spell check, correct, and travel the time and space continuum. Vulpes Abnocto is our nocturnal fox, he's cool unless you muss his hair the wrong way. If you want a free quesadilla, you'll have to talk to Rockstar. I'll have to make a descriptive list of the rest of our prominent members.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haflore said:
Hello, welcome to GBAtemp.net!!
It's good to meet you, I'm haflore.
smile.gif

The following is a short, and incomplete, list of members for whom I have a personal fondness.
This is also a place where I list the people I consider to be good role-models for our newer members.
There is a very good reason I'm not on this list.

If there are any non-working links in this list, please PM me.
(tl;dr: Pay it no mind)

All the Moderators/Staff/Former Staff/Administrators!!!
(Especially TrolleyDave, Vulpes Abnocto, Gaydrian, and granville.)

ProtoKun7!
A Gay Little Cat Boy!
Rockstar!
DarkWay!
Davess!
Overlord Nadrian!
Dark Blade!
shinkukage09!
arecus2000!
ifish!
Demonbart!
SoulSnatcher!
KingVamp!
prowler_!
YayMii!
Inunah!
Dark Langin!
Guild McCommunist!
The Pi!
Scott-105!
Goli!

And...
RoboticBuddy!!!
prowler_ said:
Welcome to GBAtemp, inkin4u
Everyone who joins here should read the rules before posting!
Breaking the rules results in a warning or ban!Read these threads to get you started!
GBAtemp Guide by tj_cool
IRC Guide by Antoligy

Sections

c41.gif
Nintendo DS
c199.gif
Nintendo 3DS
c108.gif
Nintendo Wii
c5.gif
Gameboy Advance

c156.gif
GBAtemp Magazine News
c156.gif
User Submitted News

General Consoles Discussion
Other Consoles
Computer Systems
c44.gif
Playstation Portable

Other Discussions (Off-Topic)[/p]
Last updated: Tuesday, October 7th, 2010

inkin4u

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, at least there is a sense of humor here. After doing a lot more reading it appears i need to buy new cards. Thanks for the links. I guess in the world of cart's cheap is not the best route. Live and learn I suppose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1