Hacking r4i-sdhc not working

xRandomLurker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an R4i Upgrade v1.4 (NDSi/NDSL/NDS) from www.R4I-SDHC.com . I tried using the 3DS (whitelist downgraded and patched TWL_FIRM so it should work no matter what.) and DSi v1.4.5 and DS Lite and it gets stuck on the loading screen. I've tried emailing them but no response apart from try formatting again. I've also verified the code on the back and it is real

xRandomLurker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
20160221_192938.jpg
20160221_192952.jpg

Jake Rian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you haven't yet, clean the contacts of the R4(DONT USE WATER, PLS!) with a Q-tip, and some isopropyl alcohol, or some Windex. When cleaning, move the Q-tip in a downwards pattern. Don't do circles, as that probably does more harm than good. If this doesn't work, if nothing else works, you're R4 is gone. You're gonna have to order another one from some company in Hong Kong, and wait 15 thousand years for it to arrive. Mine took about 34 painful days.

Jake Rian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have any on hand, could I use anything else? Somehow, I have ethanol? Think I could use ethanol?

I've never tried it, but it could work. Try not to soak the Q-tip with it though. Make it moist, and after applying the liquid on the contacts, use the dry end of the q tip to dry it. Again, downward motion.

Jake Rian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done that but its still stuck on the loading screen.

Is the firmware for it the right one for your specific R4? If not, install a new one. You might also want to try to clean the MicroSD card. If neither of these tips work, you might need to order another one from a website. If you are buying a new one, buy it from www.nds-card.com

The shipping time is rather slow if you don't want to pay the extra 25 dollars for 3-5 day shipping. Depending on where you are, shipping time can take anywhere from 14 days to 35. Try your best to fix it, before buying a new one, though. And make sure that other games work on your DS, because if any other game doesn't work, the. It's probably the DS, and not the R4.

Kayleea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you could try to press home button to go back to the home menu when it gets stuck at the loading. Then try to go into the flashcart icon again. Also please make sure to place correct files on the root of the microsd card. Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1