Hacking RELEASE Hekate with Fixed Sleep Mode!

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
uhm did u even read what you quoted the answer to your question is right there lol
crap i always forget to use the quote when i try to quote someone
Well I wouldn't have asked but I've tested it on 5.0.2 and it does not work for me

Edit: I was loading an old payload.bin. The new payload does work, sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by baretbh,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
@GalaxyYT
I'm back to report that sleep mode works on 4.x version, please update OP with this information.
Guys get rid of your old payloads, I mistakenly selected a previous one the first time.

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It works on 5.0.2. You're doing something wrong, because that's what my switch is on.
How exactly does this payload work? Stops the switch from going into sleep mode or does it allow sleep states to wake? I doubt I'm doing anything different than I normally do. Injected the payload, using old sdfiles, nothing has changed

Edit: I was loading an old payload. Oops! This new payload is working great!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

lol
"Tested on 5.1.0, 5.0.2, 1.0.0, and 2.0.0."
Maybe I should have stated my question differently, I had already tested it without success.

Last edited by baretbh,

hitodesu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I should mention I was able to get my recently discovered "game playing method" to work on this as well. *Only tested on 5.0.2

Step #1: Inject the payload, choose to boot cfw, you know the drill.

Step #2: Immediately after it finishes booting choose a game and run it. It should play.

That's basically it, once you have the game running you can just go to home menu and open up your homebrew. When your done with that just head back to the game when you feel like it.

Note
: So far from what I have tested, trying to switch to another game after running the hbmenu will fail, this let's you play 1 and only 1 game with homebrew active.

Last edited by hitodesu,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you don't have to boot from power to play your switch. You can be instantly into Horizon OS
I there a big difference? beside two seconds? cause the Switch Boots Up really quick.

Yeah I saw that, I used Checkpoint, tried to open the game and it just hangs and wont open the game.

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I there a big difference? beside two seconds? cause the Switch Boots Up really quick.

Yeah I saw that, I used Checkpoint, tried to open the game and it just hangs and wont open the game.
It's just a feature. Nothing to think too much into.
If you don't like it, don't use it

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I wake up from Sleep Mode, is the HBL still working?
For me personally on 5.0.2 It was unsuccessful, but others here are saying it should work. I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, i'm not doing anything different than I normally do. Give it a try for yourself

Edit: Was loading incorrect payload. Working now.

Last edited by baretbh,
D

Deleted User

This isn’t like Auto RCM where the battery would drain is it? Also hopefully @CTCaer can update his mod with this.

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Working perfectly now on 5.0.2. My previous posts I was saying I couldn't get it to work, I had been loading an old payload.bin by accident.

Thanks for this! Huge step forward in progress guys!

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working perfectly now on 5.0.2. My previous posts I was saying I couldn't get it to work, I had been loading an old payload.bin by accident.

Awesome to know, I already took my NS out of AutoRCM so im waiting for my JoyCon rail to arrive, will test then :)

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Awesome to know, I already took my NS out of AutoRCM so im waiting for my JoyCon rail to arrive, will test then :)
This is def better than AUTORcm, basically the only time you'll need to load your payload again is if you crash or power off to play your switch games. Once we have Switch games working with CFW, we're basically almost there.

Edit: words

Last edited by baretbh,

Hking0036

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn’t like Auto RCM where the battery would drain is it? Also hopefully @CTCaer can update his mod with this.
it's only one commit behind, if you do git clone on @CTCaer you can probably just git pull from naehrwert's and recompile, as I doubt it will break any of @CTCaer's mods. I might even do this myself but I don't have a jig working to test it with (need to pick up some wire tomorrow).

edit: go here

Last edited by Hking0036,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali

Booted into Hekate with 97% battery. 40 minutes later still 97%. So I'm guessing it's native horizon sleep mode here.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Must have missed my post. You're better off deleting your old payloads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, furry grandma?