Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What's everyone's beef with Systemd? Sure, it started out kinda bad, but it's gotten better, and is far more efficient.
I actually don't have any real beef with systemd. I do find that it seriously oversteps some boundaries and does consume some minor resources. At the same time these issues are nitpicking and I haven't found anything seriously wrong with systemd. I also have not encountered the mythical complete system failure that people over hype when talking about systemd.
Personally I don't think it's the worst thing to happen to Linux, but I do wish it didn't turn into such a major part of the distro's core components. It's not very Unix-Like to have one ring to rule them all. At the same time from my use of Solus, I also don't really care enough to be bent out of shape by it. I have my personal thoughts, but not enough concern to really give them power over my distro choice.
void is pretty comfy
Void is nice, but the lack of proper management has led to having several broken packages in their repos and a rather disorganized distro. It's the better of all the systemd-free distros, but still shows that systemd-free distros have a lot of work to go.

Jokey_Carrot

G̶B̶A̶T̶e̶m̶p̶ ̶A̶d̶d̶i̶c̶t̶ Heroin Addict.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sailor-corbyn.png
use this icon instead

Condarkness_XY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums. It's nice to know your into 90's anime; many of us started on 90's anime and eventually branched out. Remember to be kind to everyone and waiting is your best friend when it comes to hacks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol