Headset for Cyber Monday

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by MushGuy, Dec 1, 2014.

1. MushGuy
    OP

MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Hello. So, for this Cyber Monday, is there any over-the-ear headset that you can recommend that is currently between 10-20 dollars, not USB, with a good microphone for voice recording?

2. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Using a headset for voice recording is probably the worst thing you could do, especially if you're limiting your budget to just $10-$20. Assuming you want to sound good, it'd be much better to grab a standalone mic and use that.

Regardless, the best I can suggest at this current moment in time is a pair of these: http://www.amazon.com/Creative-HS800-Fatal1ty-Gaming-Headset/dp/B002DS4HTM
    They're a little frail, but you get what you pay for. Most of the people I use them with say I sound fine, so the mic is ok I suppose.

3. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I have a great headset that records voice very nicely, only problem is it picks up my breathing and stuff so you can hear it in recording. Definitely better to go with a standalone mic.

I got my friend the mic Tom linked, i'd recommend that for a cheap headset as well. It sounds decent and seems to work good for my friend. Very good for the price it is.

4. MushGuy
    OP

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    So, in the microphone case, which one would you recommend me within my budget? It could be less than 10, too. I'm currently looking for one at Newegg.

5. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    What one? Give us a link :)

6. MushGuy
    OP

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
  7. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    The Zhalman mic used to be pretty good and recommended for bottom-price buyers. But it will pick up everything and anything, and needs to be clipped in the right place to work.

www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6KX2538846

I wouldn't look at any of the other ones, personally. They all look like bottom-barrel things.

8. MushGuy
    OP

Feb 11, 2010
    United States