Headphone's Power Consumption?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Swip, Jun 7, 2008.

Jun 7, 2008

Headphone's Power Consumption? by Swip at 11:15 AM (2,669 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Swip
    OP

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Just wondering, if your using headphones how much power does it consume compared to the speakers or the ds on mute.

I use ear buds all the time when i use my ds, the sound quality of the speakers just basically suck.

2. krazykirk

Member krazykirk GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I think the headphones use less power.

3. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    going to use some power, no idea how much but will depend on the headphones.

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    It pretty much uses the same power as the internal speakers. The headphones don't "suck" power so to speak, they just use what they are fed. That's why a large set of headphones used on the DS tend to seem too low a volume compared to ones like ear buds.

It all comes down to how high you have the volume set on the DS. Higher volume, more power consumption, the headphones used shouldn't make a difference in anything but how loud they will go.

5. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I think the speakers will use a bit more power than headphones at any given volume setting. At least this was the thinking behind DSOrganize, which turns the speakers off when the lid is closed but still sends audio output through the headphone jack.