Hardware HDMI to VGA Cable

EnigmaXtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I now own all 3 consoles, the problem is my TV only has one RCA/Component input, 1 HDMI intput and one VGA input. The Wii has the Component and ive been swapping the 360 and PS3 with the HDMI. Naturally that can get annoying, I bought a HDMI y-splitter on eBay thinking that would help my problem, it didn't.

I'm know looking at this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Gold-HDMI-VGA-15pin-HD-15-TV-PC-Computer-Cable-783-/120694522565?pt=AU_Electronics_Accessories_Wires_Cables&hash=item1c19f442c5

In the description it says Digital Video/Audio in one that makes me think that audio is going through the input. Can anyone confirm this before I make a purchase

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Might want to check out the "Please note(very important):" section in the description, it says what I was going to warn you about.

HDMI is a digital standard and VGA is an analog one, no direct converter cable will work, you usually need an expensive converter box (a small little computer thing that converts the signal), otherwise the VGA cable won't have a VGA signal on it so a TV that only expects VGA signals on the VGA port won't work with it.

Reactions: 1 person

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
get an HDVGA cable for 360, microsoft branded go for around 50$ but there some dirt cheap on amazon though the quality is iffy [judging form the reviews. I have a microsoft one and it looks great on my cheap ass monitor, so on an hd tv it should look fine.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Why not just buying one of theese http://m.gamestop.com/catalog/product/40681 (sorry I can't link on my phone). No more swapping at least.

Ninja'd.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
If you are looking at the expensive side of things. You could get an expensive surround sound system with a receiver. Then you put all your video/audio through the receiver and it pools it all to your tv through whatever output you choose.

Cheap solution: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004K61QAS/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00006DY1D&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0KE10VYNQYDK3H1SYB98
Tons of inputs, 1 hdmi output.

Alternatively: If you want to plug the Wii In RCA, and the 360 + PS3 into 1 HDMI. Use this: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/2-port-hdmi-v1-3b-mini-switcher-hdtv-hub-35743

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using straight up 360 VGA cables for years (mainly the reasonably priced ones from amazon- much like printer carts if you buy the cheapest and nastiest ones you deserve everything you get) and they work well.

Digital audio tends to mean a SPDIF (the red light variety) gets pumped out alongside it although the more conventional phono outputs are there on most of them and I have one or two with a 3.5mm output as well.

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using straight up 360 VGA cables for years (mainly the reasonably priced ones from amazon- much like printer carts if you buy the cheapest and nastiest ones you deserve everything you get) and they work well.

Digital audio tends to mean a SPDIF (the red light variety) gets pumped out alongside it although the more conventional phono outputs are there on most of them and I have one or two with a 3.5mm output as well.
I agree, why go through all the trouble of converter boxes, when you can get a straight from the xbox vga cable.

http://www.monoprice...&seq=1&format=2

The one I listed may be cheap, but monoprice is known to have really high quality cables, their hdmi cables almost always beat retail ones in tests.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how you can digital cable beat another digital cable?
its all the same shit, it either works or it doesnt except one costs a fraction of what the other costs, analog is a completely different story however

and monoprice have the same exact knockoff cables that DX and many other HK retailers have,
they just import theirs from HK to the US, charge a bit more and sell them with fast shipping (they charge alot imo for shipping though even on 1 cable... though waiting 1 month vs 1-5 days, I would rather get it amazon though since shipping is cheaper or even free)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1