moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

Tried to connect my PS3 downstairs on the projection tv via HDMI cable, but it didnt' work. I go to the ps3 menu and select the output as hdmi while connecting through scart, the screen goes black for about 30 seconds, I switch to the hdmi channel and nothing shows. It's not even sending a signal.

Anyone know if there's a way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance

nloding

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a new PS3 that had previously been connected through scart. I plugged in my HDMI cable, with no scart adapter, and powered on the PS3 and it asked if I wanted to switch to HDMI. I just chose yes. Try no scart altogether.

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I still have to have my av cables plugged in to the see the message that it's detcted a hdmi connection, but if i slect i just get a black screen like the signal is detected but nothing shows, i take the av cables out and there's till no difference, booting with the av cables out it doesn't auto detect the hdmi because when i pout the av cables back in it still asks me if i want to use an available hdmi input.

Any other suggestions. I'm trying with both HDMI to HDMI and HDMI to DVI (for my monitor)

sekhu

moo?
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hmm but if my monitor wasn't suppported why would it detect it as an hdmi output? If it needs to be HDCP then that would explain the issue with the monitor.

As for the TV, it should support lower resolutions or display something to indiciate that it's working, wouldn't it? I mean why would it auto apply a higher reolution than can be handled?

Jay Boy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Reset your video output.

Unplug everything except for the obvious hdmi and power cable, and hold the power pad until you hear two beeps. You should get picture then, and be able to set what resolutions you want outputted.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk